SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 13, 2004, 01:52 PM
ave
Wind Junkie
North Coast, Calif.
Joined Jun 2004
1,156 Posts
3M 77, new stuff or old stuff?

If it's the new stuff, what do you have to worry about with it? Does it still work? Any better alternatives?

thx,
ave-
ave is offline Find More Posts by ave
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2004, 01:56 PM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,089 Posts
Should be fine on EPP, but not on EPS unless you do really light coats. However, that is a new can and cap color that I've not seen yet, so it may be different.

Clearco 877 also works great, I actually prefer it to 3M 77 though it's pretty much the same (I think it's better but that's just opinion, I can't point to tests or anything).

So I think it's fine... hopefully we can get some corroboration and/or correction as needed.

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2004, 06:15 PM
Rat Dude
AZ
Joined Jun 2004
596 Posts
It's new - the old stuff was in a brownish colored can if memory serves correctly.

You can use it on EPS, but be very, very, very careful as well as being very careful. It will melt your good old EPS quite quickly and without warning - I have first hand experience with this! Use light coats and keep the can well away from the surface or you'll be filling in holes with spackle!

The stuff works good, you just have to use care in application.
mwraight is offline Find More Posts by mwraight
Old Dec 13, 2004, 06:34 PM
Joined Sep 2004
19 Posts
Same Stuff

2 Different Cans All The Same Stuff. The Larger Cans Are Industrial Size And Sold In Larger Places Such As Home Depot And Such. Smaller Cans General Sales Craft Stores And Some Hobby Retailers .

Joe Krosner
hobieflier13 is offline Find More Posts by hobieflier13
Old Dec 13, 2004, 08:44 PM
Do anything for a Mach 1
Haiku, Hawaii
Joined Mar 2003
1,289 Posts
All the above is good info - Just adding my 2 cents

Check the ingredients for Acetone - the new stuff has the acetone the old stuff doesn't.

The new stuff will eat EPS because of the acetone. The old stuff won't if you spray it on thinly from further away. The both the new and the old stuff works great on EPP.
jonoknight is offline Find More Posts by jonoknight
Last edited by jonoknight; Dec 14, 2004 at 01:57 AM.