HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2004, 12:23 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3 Posts
New Problems

I installed an upgraded LION Battery weeks ago and had great results. After I needed new blades I ordered them and just installed them. My BR turns hard to the left. I gave full right trim and I need to give a little right stick to stop it. I also get only about 1 minute of flight time. I tried bending the trailing edge of the top blades with little effect. Any ideas on the reduced flight time or a better way to get the blades bent?
bombstopr is offline Find More Posts by bombstopr
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2004, 02:15 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3 Posts
I just found what I think is the problem. The blades are not glued to the wires permitting them to rotate under pressure to a flatter position.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 03:30 PM
Oslo, Norway
Joined Nov 2003
344 Posts
bombstopr
Hope you are able to glue the blades properly to the rods. They should normally be at 18-20 degrees, less if you have removed some weight (below 48 grams). It is also quite normal to be able to twist the rod and the blades quite a bit even if they are glued on. You can use that to do rather big changes to the pitch angle (trim). You may adjust the pitch of the tip of the blades (by bending the trailing edge up or down) to get the rotor to track properly.

Petter
petter is offline Find More Posts by petter
Old Dec 14, 2004, 07:03 AM
Joined Dec 2004
3 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'll try to set the blades today.