HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2001, 07:04 AM
england
Joined Jan 2001
162 Posts
Any E-Zoners interested in free-flight scale jets?

Check out my these- please click MY PHOTOS http://community.webshots.com/user/surf900

I find the KP44 an incredible little unit. I've used some horrible ducting and the fan copes really well.

The Javelin has a single KP44 fed from two scale intakes and exits through two scale exhausts.
The model still flys with great authority.

I always use 4 x Sanyo N120 cells as the KP unit was optimised to run on these.

Steve
steve glass is offline Find More Posts by steve glass
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2001, 07:50 AM
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
5,654 Posts
I remember seeing your airliner (VC10 ?) at the Nats a couple of years ago. Everyone stopped what they were doing to watch each time it was launched and applauded when it landed.

I almost took up FF then but personally I'm much too ham-fisted for that level of building. OTOH do you think it would be practical to build a teeny jet for indoor FF or even IR control ?

Steve
steve lewin is offline Find More Posts by steve lewin
Old May 23, 2001, 08:26 PM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,319 Posts
Check out Don Srull's Mig 15 -- originally free flight with a homemade ducted fan and now 3 channel rc--see it at www.his.com/~tschmitt/index.html look for the rc microfligt pages (page 5 or 6 I think)

Pat Daily
Pat Daily is online now Find More Posts by Pat Daily
Old May 24, 2001, 07:18 AM
england
Joined Jan 2001
162 Posts
Pat
Found it on page 6: great model, I assume it's electric power.
The new Wemotec Microfan should open the door for many more models such as these.

Steve

I wish I knew his name, theres a guy who has been working on a fan-unit with a KP00 motor. He has made a successful Vampire that can fly in a small sports-hall.

I flew a Javelin at this years indoor nats. at nottingham. This model will only just fly in an eight badminton court size sports-hall or bigger. Look out for reports in the mags. about now.

Maybe IR actuators are not powerful enough for EDF? but I'm sure we'll see practical indoor RC jets in the next few years.

I might toy with a tandem fan unit with twin KP00's: this might,if it works, provide enough grunt for indoor RC.

Steve

[This message has been edited by steve glass (edited 05-24-2001).]
steve glass is offline Find More Posts by steve glass
Old May 24, 2001, 08:00 PM
Houston, Texas
Joined Oct 2000
1,030 Posts
My Viking was FF to begin with. you can see my Javelin powered with 2 KP-44s at www.aeronut.homestead.com
flailing is offline Find More Posts by flailing