Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 09, 2004, 09:08 AM
Am I registered?
Chandler, Tx. USA
Joined May 2003
2,495 Posts
Having Fun With Video Editing Software!

I've been watching the cool videos on this forum for a long time now. Up until a couple of months ago, I did not own a computer that would handle any of the software to edit videos myself. Now that I can, I've been having way too much fun wit it! I still have a bunch to learn, but one thing that I've noticed is how you can take the same clip and change background music, fx, etc.... and come up with a whole different "feel" with the final result, even though the clip is the same. I've posted some examples in the gallery. http://rcgroups.com/gallery/showgall...0&ppuser=17380

They are as follows.

Smoke 2 - The original avi clip from an Aiptek Pocketcam X.
Cropped from a much longer video using Virtual Dub

Group Ride Fast 5 - Same clip at same speed but added some background
music and fx with Magix Movie Edit Pro.

Invasion of the Alien Flying Wing - Same clip @ half speed, added "cinema"
music and fx.

Just ignore the Slingshot video in the gallery...it's an old one done with Windows Movie Maker. The two altered vids were done with Magix Movie Edit Pro 2004. I converted them to mpeg format with mpeg2 codec. I tried wmv and the files were much smaller, but very blocky and bad. Since they weren't that great from the Aiptek to start with, I chose the better quality mpeg2 instead. Mpeg 4 was also blocky looking. I'm still new at this. I'm sure there may be better ways of getting better quality, smaller files....but I haven't figured it out yet. Hopefully these will play for ya'll.
Please feel free to post any of ya'lls video creations here. I love watching them!

Randy

Disclaimer: No mobile homes or rc pilots were harmed in the making of these films. (And it's a good thing, cause that's me being fired at and my Dad's weekend "pad" out in the pasture!)
Randy Due is offline Find More Posts by Randy Due
to remove ads between posts