SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 09, 2004, 12:24 AM
myk
Lake Sawyer, Washington
Joined Jul 2003
1,100 Posts
v1.10R released

I see that a new released version is up on the CC site, looks like it has the auto lipo detect incorporated from the betas, didn't see any other release notes yet. I'll have to give it a try tommorrow.

Mike
myk is offline Find More Posts by myk
Last edited by myk; Dec 09, 2004 at 12:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2004, 12:59 AM
myk
Lake Sawyer, Washington
Joined Jul 2003
1,100 Posts
O.K. I had to go try it out tonite.

Installed on laptop no prob, plugged in link then p10 all no prob. Noticed that you can go back to v1.021 if needed, I then updated my p10 to v1.10 and set it to:

Auto Lipo
Soft Cutoff
Forward Rotation (yes this version has motor direction control, like the beta)
Delayed Soft Brake
Fixed Throttle
Fast Start

Standard Advance
Normal Current Limiting
13kHz PWM

Plane is a shockflyer with a double whopper CD motor and 2S lipo. First thing I noticed is that the ESC correctly detected the 2S pack (two beeps) and armed itself. Next I throttled it up and noticed a squeel on startup that was also present with the 1.08 betas, but not with the 1.021R, motor started fine though. Next thing I noticed was the LED didn't come on at full throttle weird since I always use fixed throttle mode and have my endpoints set correctly, so I adjusted the upper endpoint on the Tx (9CAP) throttle channel up 20 digits and then tried it again, this time the led came on but it was very faint and appeared to be blinking very rapidly like it was hitting LVC in soft cuttoff. So I decided to change from Auto Lipo to 6v cutoff, but again same situation with the LED? I then reverted back to 1.021R and the LED and endpoints are back to normal (LED lights brightly and constant in the upper click or two of the throttle stick, with my old endpoints).

This was just a very quick test, I will go back and check this all again, but still a little weird.

Mike
Old Dec 09, 2004, 01:19 AM
myk
Lake Sawyer, Washington
Joined Jul 2003
1,100 Posts
Just went and tried it again, same behavior. I also tried switching to the softest start option, but the squeel noise on startup was still loud as ever, but I did notice that my throttle response was terrible in this mode. I also tried hard cutoff and disabling the current limiting to see if the LED behavior was caused by the ESC going into LVC or overcurrent, but that didn't make any difference in its beahvoir. Looks like I'll just stick with 1.021 for now as it works perfectly for my application.

Mike

edit: also just noticed that when reverting back to v1.021 is incorrectly displays it as 1.21, must be a typo no big deal.

Mike
Last edited by myk; Dec 09, 2004 at 01:30 AM.
Old Dec 09, 2004, 01:33 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Nov 2003
2,116 Posts
I will be sure to try this out as soon as possible.
Shortman is offline Find More Posts by Shortman
Old Dec 09, 2004, 05:00 PM
Joined Aug 2003
631 Posts
Im not much for updating software without a perceived need, Ive got 1.021 but thats just because previous versions wouldnt start a himax without some nasty hiccuping. Ive got an older phoenix 25 which works just fine with my Mega 16/15/5(about a year old) which Im not touching because if it isnt broke, Im not fixing it.

I must say though, great product support from CC, I wish every manufacturer offered the same amount of info and support with their products.
Cerberus is offline Find More Posts by Cerberus
Old Dec 10, 2004, 02:46 PM
Always right
Chicago
Joined Feb 2003
5,924 Posts
I have tried it with Phoenix10 micro, and endpoints are the same, however the led at full power is barely visible.
Hovertime is offline Find More Posts by Hovertime
Old Dec 10, 2004, 04:55 PM
"Each Day Is A Lesson"
Goldsboro, NC
Joined May 2004
2,442 Posts
Just downloaded and removed V1.10R 3 times. The version I get does not have auto-lipo or revrrse rotation. Had all of this on the 108 Beta. Am I doing something wrong or is there a srew up. DON
diver don is offline Find More Posts by diver don
Last edited by diver don; Dec 10, 2004 at 04:57 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 05:09 PM
"Each Day Is A Lesson"
Goldsboro, NC
Joined May 2004
2,442 Posts
I'm the dummy. Showing all options now. Nothing like going off half cocked. DON
diver don is offline Find More Posts by diver don
Old Dec 10, 2004, 11:07 PM
Permanently Banned
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
Joined Sep 2003
8,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diver don
I'm the dummy. Showing all options now. Nothing like going off half cocked. DON
Nothing like "Windows" to make ya feel dumb!

Larry
Larry3215 is offline Find More Posts by Larry3215
Old Dec 14, 2004, 03:48 PM
myk
Lake Sawyer, Washington
Joined Jul 2003
1,100 Posts
Anyone else having this LED or endpoint issues? Any word from CC on what might be causing this behavior?

Mike
Old Dec 14, 2004, 03:57 PM
PittsLover
Ohio
Joined Jul 2003
914 Posts
Mike....

I've run 5 PHX 10's, a 35 and a 60 through the new software and everything works fine.

Jim
houfek is offline Find More Posts by houfek
Old Dec 14, 2004, 04:21 PM
myk
Lake Sawyer, Washington
Joined Jul 2003
1,100 Posts
Hmm, your LED is on bright and steady at full throttle?

Mike
Old Dec 14, 2004, 04:27 PM
PittsLover
Ohio
Joined Jul 2003
914 Posts
Hmmm......haven't tried that....sorry, I was responding to the updating the ESC's rather than the bright light issue.....let me try one at home tonight and get back to you.....

Jim
Old Dec 14, 2004, 04:30 PM
PittsLover
Ohio
Joined Jul 2003
914 Posts
Thinking about this issue further (always a dangerous thing to do....)

Does my feeble memory remember reading somewhere back in time that the bright light is indicative of reaching the max amperage for the controller ?? That is, when you get to 10 A for the PHX 10, the bright light comes on ??
Old Dec 14, 2004, 04:46 PM
PittsLover
Ohio
Joined Jul 2003
914 Posts
From the PHX 10 Instruction Sheet-FAQ Section:

"The LED comes on when I throttle up.
This is normal. The LED comes on when full throttle has been reached. If the unit is in Auto-Calibrating
Throttle mode (program setting 4-1) then you may see full throttle LED indication before the stick is in the
full up position. Simply continue moving the stick to full up. The controller will detect the high stick travel
and adjust full throttle accordingly.