SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 31, 2005, 03:46 PM
Team FlightPower AUS
Victoria, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
630 Posts
G'Day Ken,
looks great. Now if I can get you going on some of my other designs.

Peter
pmjass is offline Find More Posts by pmjass
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2005, 08:10 PM
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
I got the kit !!!

You guys know me , I'm not a kit kinda' guy , but I've been drooling over this plane for awhile ....All I've got to say is this is a really nice kit , cleanly cut everything , wood and ply too ...and just about every part you can think of , nicely fabricated ....all kinds of ways to mount the motor , even has wheels , cf rods , wire even has z bends already .... I know it took somebody a good while to lay all this stuff out and assemble the parts ... nice JOB !!!!!! I know this is gonna' be a FUN build , and I'm gonna' take my time and do a really nice finish on it (FTP to save weight )...Got a Feigao 12 mm B/less motor to put in , oughta' be hot !!!! I'll report back as things progress ..... Nice Kit !!!!
ps got a new tube of UHU creative, that will keep the weight down ...
gpw is online now Find More Posts by gpw
Old Apr 25, 2005, 03:26 AM
Team FlightPower AUS
Victoria, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
630 Posts
Ken has done a fabulous job with the kit. I particularly liked his horns.
I'll be ordering a few horns in the future as they are quick and easy and perfect for foamies.

Peter
Old Apr 25, 2005, 09:47 AM
Lookout, AR
Joined Aug 2004
67 Posts
Due to my poor piloting skills, I've made one change to the two little barons I'm flying that I don't yet have in the manual. I've replaced the 1mm cf rod axle with a piece of .032 music wire - the extra flexability seems to be more forgiving on my hard landings on the gym floor.
kzey is offline Find More Posts by kzey
Old Apr 25, 2005, 06:46 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
Kzey , are you doing the traditional 3 legged landing approach that allows you to flare....

Got most of the large subassemblies put together today , pretty easy , everything fit perfectly ...will do more tomorrow after returning from the dentist ....bringing the very complete construction manual , which I printed out from the CD with me to read in the office , to ease the pain .... hahahaha FUN project , like a puzzle , but with instructions ...
I do plan on making my own pilot , a more "Snively" looking fellow with a moustache ...
Old Apr 26, 2005, 08:58 AM
Lookout, AR
Joined Aug 2004
67 Posts
Currently my CNC skills are much more advanced than my pilot skills - so I land any way I can.... Sure enjoy the practice though!

Glad the assembly is going well. Very interested in hearing any suggestions you come up with.
Old May 02, 2005, 10:00 AM
Lookout, AR
Joined Aug 2004
67 Posts
Flew with a dual motor IPS "s1" with a 9x4.7 prop this weekend. While not quite as nice as the cdrom brushless, it's capable of a hover using the dual motor.
Old May 02, 2005, 06:37 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
Mine's Ready .... sorta'

just waiting for a free radio (unusued) to finish ... AUW as you see it 4.6 oz., that's with the Feigao 12mm motor and B gearbox and 10x4.7prop .... FTP decorations , used printed crosses as templates and cut out stiff temps of cardboard ...to apply the FTP crosses .... "Snively looking pilot eh ?????
Last edited by gpw; May 03, 2005 at 07:31 AM.
Old May 02, 2005, 07:15 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
Just in case ..... printout , glue one side on thin cardboard (like manilla folder) cut out carefully , glue on other side ....Presto, pilot !!!!
Old May 03, 2005, 08:38 AM
Lookout, AR
Joined Aug 2004
67 Posts
That looks fantastic Glen!
Old May 03, 2005, 09:07 AM
Team FlightPower AUS
Victoria, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
630 Posts
Looks great Glen.

Love the pilot.

Let us know how it goes and what you thought of the build.

Peter
Old May 04, 2005, 08:34 AM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
The Build went extremely well ... all parts were a precise fit and required NO alterations or trimming of any kind . The manual was so complete that my Grandma' could build this easily ....The only thing I had trouble with was the control rods , the shrink tubing gave me fits being just a little bit too tight , I sanded the ends of the ca rods and spit on the wire , that helped .....I installed the Feigao 12mm brushless with a GWS B gearbox and 10x4.7 prop stained wood color with a Sharpie ....it is very light and just awaits a spare radio ... I'm very pleased and appreciate the complete quality of the kit ....it was a pleasurable experience and produced what I believe to be a CUTE rendition of the Fokkers.....can't wait to fly it , at that weight it should be " Killer" !!!! Sorry , I didn't mean to run down your pilot figure , I just felt a little silly ....no troubles , eh?
Old May 04, 2005, 06:40 PM
Team FlightPower AUS
Victoria, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
630 Posts
Doesn't worry me about the pilot its my Dad you have to worry about he's the artist LOL.

He did the DR1 pilot and the SE5A pilot. I like the SE5A pilot that he did however both he and I aren't totally happy with the DR1 pilot.

To be honest I like yours better.

Glad you like the build. I think Ken has done a super job.

Peter.
Old May 04, 2005, 07:39 PM
gpw
Joined Jul 2002
24,132 Posts
Art is just an idea, until it's executed, and then it becomes an opinion.... hahahahahaha
Yes , Kit was excellent !!!! Very well done !!!
Old May 09, 2005, 03:13 PM
Lookout, AR
Joined Aug 2004
67 Posts
GPW,
I think the woodstock pilot is great!

With your permission, I'll include it in the next version of the kit manual and post it and the photos of your plane in the gallery at http://www.digitalmillwork.com/gallery/BabyBaron