HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2002, 11:30 AM
Westchester County, New York, United States
Joined Dec 1999
573 Posts
Full Size Air Combat

Has anyone ever gone to one of the 'Fighter Pilot for a Day' classes at http://www.aircombatusa.com/ ?

It seems like a total blast, but I was wondering if anyone here has done this, and if so how did you like it?
Steven DiStasio is offline Find More Posts by Steven DiStasio
Old Feb 28, 2002, 11:59 AM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
My wife signed me up for Christmas maybe 8 or nine years ago. It was around $600.00 back then.
It's a lot of fun. You get a briefing on tactics etc...They partner you with a very experienced pilot. Mine was a 4500 hour aerobatics instructor. You get to fly the plane except take off and landing. You square off six times during the flight. If you sign up with a friend you can fly against each other.
It works just like laser tag and if your plane gets "hit" a smoke generator blows smoke out of the exhaust.
The coolest part is there are video cameras in and on the plane, along with a gun camera, and when you land they edit a copy for you, while you de-brief, with you as the hero.
By the way, I won the first four rounds, then my sausage mcbiscuit and coffee breakfast decided to try and re-appear (don't even think about eating or you'll blow). even my pilot said it took him a month before he stopped getting motion sickness.

Oh yeah, they edited me barfing out. Thank God.
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog