SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 28, 2004, 11:48 AM
I am an only OdDsOcK...
Here.
Joined Nov 2004
6 Posts
Ahh! So many options! Please help!

Hi yall.

I am the son of neidmark. You might not know him. But anyway, I came here to ask a few questions about aerial photography.

My dad and I built a Superstar EP a few months ago, and just a week ago we put in a new endoplasma motor with a gearbox and got some LiPos. We also got a nice new big propeller.

So, our plane really kicks some butt compared to its "inferior," or normal form.

I'm the flyer, really, because my dad still needs to work out some things when flying. (Thank God for RealFlight simulator!!!)

I'd really like to get into photography with my Superstar EP. But I see all these options and cameras and planes that you can mix-match together any way you want.

So I was wondering what you experts recommend as a good picture camera (no video) for starting out, and how should I rig my camera?
I saw one guy had a servo strapped onto the camera so when he activated it the the servo arm would hit the picture button, so it would take a picture. But what about turning off the camera?!

Thanks for your help,

OdDsOcK.
OdDsOcK is offline Find More Posts by OdDsOcK
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2004, 08:30 PM
I am an only OdDsOcK...
Here.
Joined Nov 2004
6 Posts
Umm...hello?
I see people talking in other threads...can anyone help me though? I need to know how much an RC plane can handle for this stuff.
OdDsOcK is offline Find More Posts by OdDsOcK
Old Nov 28, 2004, 08:54 PM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
I also fly an Endo powered Superstar for AP. I have another Superstar on the bench with a lot of modifications to mount cameras etc on it... I'll do a build thread on it when I'm ready to reveal my highly classified secret setup.
Your budget will probably determine which way to go, but if possible I'd go with the Prism switch and an Optio. Many people start with the Aiptek and for many that's a good as they need.
One of my cameras doesn't even have a switch or servo- I just start the camera clickin and take off. The camera stops when the memory is full and about 10 of the 300 pictures are worth it. Works better for video.
MGBGTRacer is offline Find More Posts by MGBGTRacer