Old Feb 27, 2002, 12:23 AM
Http://www.aerc.biz
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2002
953 Posts
I need feedback for my new Website!

The address is:

http://www.aerc.biz

I just want some people to look it over and let me know what needs what. Thanks in advance - John - aerc@aerc.biz
drbird is offline Find More Posts by drbird
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2002, 12:39 AM
Qaz52
Joined Oct 2001
33 Posts
Loads Too Slow...

Sorry but I never spend a lot of time waiting for pictures from web sights to download.

I'n not on DSL or Cable but my connection is at 50k and I should not have to wait so long for a page...

Just my opinion, but you asked...

Good luck.
Coyoteair is offline Find More Posts by Coyoteair
Old Feb 27, 2002, 12:44 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2002
953 Posts
I have been told that before, but how do you get all the content without the pics? Should I just lower the quality of the pics making it faster or will that even help?
Old Feb 27, 2002, 01:00 AM
ODB VI September 2014
United States, OK, Weleetka
Joined Dec 2000
8,542 Posts
Lucky me I am on cable....

And the pictures load instantly. Looks fine to me.
For others though you might try using thumbnails for the pictures.
1987tc is offline Find More Posts by 1987tc
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phone number change.
Old Feb 27, 2002, 01:09 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2002
953 Posts
good idea I didn't think about that, the only thing I am worried about is losing some business because people do not want to view the larger pictures, but then I guess if they are there, then they are there for that reason!
Old Feb 27, 2002, 02:14 AM
Madison, WI
Joined Jan 2002
146 Posts
getting picky

you have "or we design one ourselves that we will sale." should be "or we design one ourselves that we will sell."

My web consulting fee is usually $300/hour, but I'll settle for a couple of EDFs. I'll expect to see them by the end of the week... :-)
dmoran is offline Find More Posts by dmoran
Old Feb 27, 2002, 02:27 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2002
953 Posts
Due to startup cost it is not in the budget but give me a week or two and then maybe we can work something out; although the units are inexpensive so most anyone can afford to own them!
Old Feb 27, 2002, 07:44 AM
Worcester, MA.
Joined Nov 2001
1,408 Posts
Quote:
Sorry but I never spend a lot of time waiting for pictures from web sights to download.
H-m-m-m,
I'm on a standard phone line, seldom link at better than 46.6, but I didn't wait for more than 5 seconds for any page to load. Have you downsized the photos?

You need prices and more details on your "Batteries" page. You should add spec.s to the "small Mabuchi motors" as well. What size motor does your EDF take? Or at the least, need real specific diameter/length for the motor housing.

All in all, looks good though.

(By the way. I only charge $150/hour, and obviously give better feedback! )
DBCherry is offline Find More Posts by DBCherry
Old Feb 27, 2002, 08:05 AM
Minnesota
Joined Dec 2000
258 Posts
I see a bit of an issue with content. I looked at your ducted fan page. It seems I can buy one with or without motor and it weighs 1.2 oz with motor. How do I know if I need a motor or if I have one in the drawer that will fit? Clear and detailed explinations of every detail is a no-brainer way to get less "shopping" calls and more ready to purchase calls.

BTW what motor is in your Ducted fan? Can I see a picture of he back? What are the dimensions? Will it fit in my project? How big of a plane will it fly? etc etc etc
mrtim is offline Find More Posts by mrtim
Old Feb 27, 2002, 08:12 AM
Always looking UP
Lilburn, Georgia, USA
Joined Nov 2000
2,361 Posts
Mabuchi Motors

Good luck selling the Mabuchi RS540SH motors, your asking about 2 to 2 and a half times too much
FANMAN is offline Find More Posts by FANMAN
Old Feb 27, 2002, 09:36 AM
Strange Plane Central
Poway (near San Diego), CA US
Joined Dec 2000
1,884 Posts
May I suggest that you post more information on your motors and fans.

IE name of motor in fan, number of cells to run on

weight and specs on hobby motors.

The price of a common motor like the 540 is widely known. As it is very high on your site (typo?) it gives the perception that the other items are inflated also.

Wish you luck. Honest vendors are an asset to our hobby.
frankenfoamy is offline Find More Posts by frankenfoamy
Old Feb 27, 2002, 12:11 PM
Mad Scientist
South west, Va
Joined Nov 2001
385 Posts
I do not know much about the ducted fans or motors but i do have a little knowledge about the web, First thing i noticed is the use of frames, Alot of people are steering away from them for one your browser actually opens 2 webpages at one time ( navigation and the regular page) I prefer to use simple text link navigation at the top and bottom of each page. Also as far as loading quicker, It is proven that slow loading webpages lose a bunch of traffic(visitors) and sales because people are not willing to wait the few extra seconds for it to load. If i was you i would use a picture compression tool this helps speed things up alot, Also think about using thumbnailed picture ( tiny pictures that are hyperlinked to large more detailed pics) This way you can show several views of each item and the page will still load faster than one large picture. I noticed that you are using size tags on your picture this is a good idea =) Your layout seems pretty good but i would change the homepage, You want this page to load the quickest and keep people at your site, I would switch the picture and the text around that way people can read about your company first, Also add contact information to the mainpage, Use more striking and bold text to highlight what you want people to notice.I think you have started a good site and with a little tweaking and work you can have a great site. I do agree with everyone about adding as much detail about the things you sell, From what i can tell about this hobby most of the people into ducted fan know exacly what to look for and what every number means. I hope some of my suggestions help you out, I am not wanting to make you think i am picking at your site, I think you have done a great job so far and i am just trying to help you streamline the site to keep as many visitors and make as many sales as you possibly can. Good luck with your site and remember building a website is only the first part of the battle, Now you need to work on generating traffic, which is the hard part LOL

Getting more traffic to your site

My best traffic comes from Link trades with other similiar sites,( just do a search on any search engine and find similiar sites and ask for a link trade.) Also sell on ebay and include a nice link to your site.
E-zone- Places like RCgroups.com is a great way to generate traffic/sales, If you are selling a good product everyone will be bragging and talking about your stuff but if its bad then you can not count on many sales from this source.
Search engines are the most common source of traffic but they are also the Hardest to get traffic from. The key here is to get listed on the first page of certain search words or phrases, In your case I would use EDF, ducted fan, electric jet, Radio control, RC jet. these are just a few you could use but make sure you pic keywords directly related to what you are selling. when you get listed on the first page the traffic and sales are well worth the time spent to get the listing., If you use search engines, you need to read up and gather information on each search engine in order to get listed high enough to make it worth the effort. Meta tags is the easiest way to increase your position on some SE and directories. Each search engine is dffrent and you have to approach each one in a diffrently. If you have the time do it yourself and concentrate on the big search engines and getting listed on the first page.

Peace out
Jay
jayboy is offline Find More Posts by jayboy
Last edited by jayboy; Feb 27, 2002 at 12:24 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2002, 04:46 PM
It's just PLANE silly!
Ontario
Joined Jan 2002
915 Posts
ebay links

Quote:
Also sell on ebay and include a nice link to your site.
Ebay does not allow any links to pages any more. Not "active" (hypertext, just click and you're there), or "passive" links (just text). I know, I had a link to my page on an auction and they told my my auction would be removed if I did it again.

They call these auctions "sign posts". Not allowed even though they get thier money for the auction. I guess they figure in encourages non ebay sales.

Eric
balsaman is offline Find More Posts by balsaman
Old Feb 27, 2002, 04:49 PM
Madison, WI
Joined Jan 2002
146 Posts
although if its part of your ebay users name, most people will figure it out......
dmoran is offline Find More Posts by dmoran
Old Feb 27, 2002, 04:58 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2002
953 Posts
I just put "for more info go to ..." and they didn't seem to mind

One last question?
I am contemplating forming a ducted fan for the Mabuchi 540, what does everyone think?