Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 30, 2004, 10:27 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soholingo
I was talking about his trainer in the other video. The soarstar well its a wingo, need I say more?
Why don't you break DOWN and be a little more original and USE YOUR OWN PICTURE?

Seems like you keep using other people's pictures to avoid the real YOU and perhaps your real age!

Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2004, 10:49 AM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
Why don't you break DOWN and be a little more original and USE YOUR OWN PICTURE?

Seems like you keep using other people's pictures to avoid the real YOU and perhaps your real age!

Carlos
Why are you so worried about me? Lots of people know who I am and what I look like... You aren't afraid I am going to look better than you are you "guapo" man?
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Nov 30, 2004, 11:04 AM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
Fight! Fight!
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
Old Nov 30, 2004, 02:09 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soholingo
Why are you so worried about me? Lots of people know who I am and what I look like... You aren't afraid I am going to look better than you are you "guapo" man?
Oh,,, Hardly dear Sir or Madame

I think that people that provide an Avitar of a person other than themselves are really not ones to trust.

Carlos
Old Nov 30, 2004, 11:58 PM
Fly a LiL' Lower Will Ya!
North Central Florida
Joined Sep 2004
4,811 Posts
I just bought a new dig camera. My feet are the real me

Carlos, went by trotters park today. Had to go to graves for some parts and prices. gearing up for the build of the FunWorld EP. I can see where graves might pose a problem. Do you only fly there when graves is closed? Which side or enterence (if more than one)

Mike
mrm1 is offline Find More Posts by mrm1
Old Dec 02, 2004, 08:59 PM
North Central Florida
Joined Sep 2004
4,811 Posts
Ok, Just had time to do an amp test on the 3 batteries and they came out like this. All were hot off the charger, but the 1000 and 1600 had not seen any flight time. The 600 had been cycled and flown.

600 NiCD 11.8amps at start / falls to about 10
1000 NiCD 10.8 falls to about 8.8amps after 2 minutes
1600 NiMH 10.8 falls to about 8.6 after 2 minutes

These were all tested in the plane on my table at WOT and each was fresh off the triton. I would suspect the lower numbers on the higher amp packs is do to the fact they are new and un-cycled.

With these numbers I am sure I would be alright with any of these packs in the plane. I will keep and use all 3.

Mike
Old Dec 02, 2004, 09:01 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,683 Posts
get gp1100s... same size as nicad 600, more usable power than the 1600...
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Dec 02, 2004, 09:10 PM
North Central Florida
Joined Sep 2004
4,811 Posts
Thanks for that, sounds like a good idea. The only reason I got into this battery quest in the first place was Radio Shacks sale on the 1000 ($9.99) and the 1600 ($14.95) last weekend. They were both such a good price I just had to give them a try.

I am starting to accumulate bunch of packs right now. Will be pickng up a GP 3300 8 cell pack tomorrow near orlando. cost was $44 - which to me seemed like a super deal since i had to go by there anyway.

mike
Old Dec 02, 2004, 11:41 PM
El Queso Grande
Rippin in Hood River, OR, USA
Joined Oct 2000
1,141 Posts
The RS batts are GREAT in the Soarstar. The 1600 is perfect for that plane and will get you Lipo like flight times for cheap. I used to fly one and loved that plane. Almost everyone in our group had that or a Wingo.

I gotta say that the Soarstar is a better/cheaper plane than the Wingo. Word of caution from my own experience. The foam is fragile. You can GREATLY increase the durability of this plane by simply covering the wing/tail/stab in clear packing tape and also the nose and bottom of the fuse. It takes a little time to do but will make the plane almost as durable as EPP. I did this with mine and it survived a cartwheel without damage.

Try it, doesn't add much weight.
windsurfer is offline Find More Posts by windsurfer
Old Dec 03, 2004, 05:34 AM
North Central Florida
Joined Sep 2004
4,811 Posts
Thanks for that. I was considering covering the plane in light weight mono coat or something like that. I was wanting to change the color anyway (at least the yellow). Pink seems to be the color my daughter is into right now.

As to covering or taping - do you sand off the "dimples" on the foam before covering? What grit sand paper?

Mike
Old Dec 03, 2004, 06:39 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Mike,

Sorry, I forgot my dang cell phone....so, I like to say that most of us Orlando Squadron meet on Saturday mornings and/or Sunday mornings to fly. Today being Friday and a work day will be kind of difficult to fly since by 5:00PM it will be sort of dark.

Carlos
Old Dec 05, 2004, 11:23 PM
El Queso Grande
Rippin in Hood River, OR, USA
Joined Oct 2000
1,141 Posts
You could sand it if you chose but I didn't. Be careful when you do it, though. I didn't use any color tape, either, just clear. It really made a huge difference without much added weight. I could have used monocoat but the tape was easy and cheap and available.
windsurfer is offline Find More Posts by windsurfer
Old Dec 06, 2004, 08:06 PM
Never enough time to Fly
Maine
Joined Nov 2004
187 Posts
Do you have to use a BLOCK style battery pack in the soarstar or will a differant configuration work? Thanks

Zeek
TheZeek is offline Find More Posts by TheZeek
Old Dec 06, 2004, 08:42 PM
North Central Florida
Joined Sep 2004
4,811 Posts
No you can use a flat pack. The Radio Shake packs are 8 cell flats. The 1600 NiMh costs $24 unless you find it on sale.

mike
Old Dec 07, 2004, 06:05 PM
Lake Isabella
Joined Oct 2004
8 Posts
Been Flying my SoarStar for about 4 months now. Crashed it a couple of times in the beginning but nothing unrepairable.. I did some reinforcing with clear tape. I fly several other electrics, Extreme, Stryker, SlowStick, but always seem to come back to the Soarstar just to watch it come shuffling by so quiet and slow....With a slight wind it evens soars and I can get a full 30 minutes on a 1700 NMH with the stock motor.. For the interested beginner, and for a fun ARF to build its a real hoot and you will get hours of' flying fun and always comments from other flyers. I put drawn on stiches to highlite the repairs and a Mickey Mouse for a pilot....Fun Flyin
Ron Worth is offline Find More Posts by Ron Worth