Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 26, 2002, 05:47 AM
Electrics rule
Bielefeld, Germany
Joined Jun 2000
437 Posts
Installing brushless on normal 1:10 R/C car. Any experience?

Hi,
Between flying my Logo helis I need a change - so got a Tamiya Blazing Star R/C car:
http://www.mh.ttu.ee/risto/rc/bstar/

I am thinking of installing brushless motor setup on it, so looking for some brushless motor/controller set that would be easily replacable with normal 540-can (same diameter, mounting holes and 3,17mm shaft). Anything available on the market that suits my needs?
Also does it make a big change other than run-time using brushless in a R/C car?

Risto
risto is offline Find More Posts by risto
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2002, 07:29 AM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,138 Posts
Try sean Plummer at aero-model. He imports the Hacker brushless motors, and they have some motors now with 3.17mm shafts and the correct mounting dimensions,.. intended for cars. Several people have been using them,.. with great success. Just like any brushless when compared to a cheap ferrite, you can gear them to use the extra efficiency for more duration,..or for more power to the wheels.
GWRIGHT is offline Find More Posts by GWRIGHT
Old Mar 10, 2002, 02:55 PM
twin cities MN
Joined Mar 2002
2 Posts
Do you have a web add for aero?
shaunsmaxx is offline Find More Posts by shaunsmaxx
Old Mar 20, 2002, 11:45 AM
Joined Mar 2002
5 Posts
Hackers at ICARE

Actually ICARE as the best choice and experience with Hacker brusless motors for car,trucks and heli applications. He has very specific products that fit precisely in our toys and turn a fun model into a wild experience. The owner Etienne, is very nice too. Excellent service in my opinion. Check is add on top of home page. Or better give him a call !
450-449-9094

Have fun Risto !
Chris O'connor is offline Find More Posts by Chris O'connor