SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 21, 2004, 11:40 PM
Sir, Calm down!
Madison Truax Fld, Wisconsin, United States
Joined Jun 2004
66 Posts
Best R/C Day yet!

I just started flying this summer. I got a Slow Stick and have been really happy with it. My brothers friend was selling his Spectra along with a radio batteries charger...the whole works. I picked it all up for $100.00 which I think is a good deal. I then had another friend give me all his glow planes along with everything he had to fly as it was just sitting in his garage for the past 10 years. So I went from 2 planes to 5. I have flown the glow planes a bit but it seemed that I came home more frustrated than anything with the engine that never seemed to run right. I hadn't flown the Spectra as I was scared of dis-assembling it. The other day I said Heck with it and took it out charged tha batteries and went out to the field. I tossed it in the air and it came down and hit hard. I checked it out and tried it again and this time up it went. I ran 4 battery packs through it went home charged them and did it again. I tell ya, it was the best day yet. My only regret was not doing it sooner.
R/C~Mev is offline Find More Posts by R/C~Mev
Last edited by R/C~Mev; Nov 22, 2004 at 02:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2004, 08:46 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,256 Posts
You are off to a good start Mev! It can only get better from here. Use the FAQ at the bottom of every page to get started into electric flight, and then read read read everything you possibly can. The E-Zone is the premire place on the net for ideas and discussions.

Looking forward to hearing more from you,

JimNM
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Nov 22, 2004, 09:03 AM
ORGAN MOUNTAIN AIR FORCE
Organ, New Mexico
Joined Sep 2002
1,254 Posts
True Grit

Mev-

If you are flying sailplanes in Wisconsin at this time of year....you have the right stuff!! Beware of sailplane addiction, but it is way better than the more traditional vices, Que No?

Rich
rloose is online now Find More Posts by rloose
Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:35 PM
Sir, Calm down!
Madison Truax Fld, Wisconsin, United States
Joined Jun 2004
66 Posts
Well the weather here in Wisconsin up until today had been very nice. It was in the upper 40's and as long as you had a coat and a thin pair of gloves with your hat it was comfortable flying. Now with the really cold stuff on the way I am looking at another sailplane with ailerons. Got to keep myself busy while I play in the white stuff.
R/C~Mev is offline Find More Posts by R/C~Mev
Last edited by R/C~Mev; Nov 23, 2004 at 12:00 AM.