SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 29, 2001, 06:02 AM
My cat up close
England
Joined Feb 2001
4,021 Posts
E.E. Lightning-pusher scale electric need help with motor/battery etc

Hi,I have just started to ressurect a Lightning model that I built from foam( the pink stuff),the fuselage is completely hollowed out,wings are from foam too,tailparts all built up items from balsa.
It was originally intended to fly with an O.S.10 FP Two stroke pusher.
Wingspan is 22",model is very light.It has a skin from glass/epoxy,so is fairly strong too.
The original attempt to fly met in disaster as the rx was old,and really too big.Balancing out the O.S.10 resulted in the addition of lead to the nose,basically was a disater,the model rolled into the ground from a handlaunch,the rx was off tune and had zero range(should have checked first.)
Since 1995,the model has lived in my attic,just brought her down,removed all the lead and started to repair,won't be hard,my problem is,what size motor/pusher prop(direct drive)
I have been encouraged due to the flying ability of the Pico Jets,I'm certain this model will work with the right motor/rx/esc/battery set up.
Please click below to view web page with photographs. http://www.geocities.com/grumman_uk/web-35.html

[This message has been edited by bipeflyer (edited 04-29-2001).]
bipeflyer is offline Find More Posts by bipeflyer
to remove ads between posts