SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 21, 2004, 05:02 AM
Joined Sep 2004
68 Posts
Looking for a vip build thread?

I just got my vip and although it looks a straightforward build (instructions in German?) im sure ive seen a 'build' thread here, that will help me but ive tried a search and cant find it?

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanx
jaycey is offline Find More Posts by jaycey
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2004, 08:54 AM
Canada, NS, Lunenburg
Joined Oct 1999
3,868 Posts
Err. What's to build? Just bolt in the servos and motor and go fly.
DaveSawers is offline Find More Posts by DaveSawers
Old Nov 22, 2004, 11:29 AM
Joined Sep 2004
68 Posts
Errr...stuff like...ive seen the aileron servo mounted on the servo box and others have cut off the servo 'ears' and mounted it inside the box...why?

this little c & g stand, is it set at 40 mm the correct c & g ?

are all the control linkages adequate (the plastic clevisis look ****e)

best method of launching?

Is it ok to run the receiver aerial through the fus and out the opening at the back?

should I have the brake on or off on the ESC?

Thanx
Old Nov 22, 2004, 12:29 PM
Nr Windsor, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Aug 2004
470 Posts
I think people fiddle with the aileron servo mount to ensure they can squeeze in a Lipo (3s TP 2100 nornmally) without screwing up the C of G...I didnt do that and committed the sin of sins by adding a tad of weight to tail...flies wonderfully!

Ive only ever used the c of g stand and as i said above it flies wonderfully!

Never had an issue with the control linkages at all...

Even when I was flying on a standard 400 with 8 1050 kan cells Ive just given it a gentle push and it screamed out of my hand...and...youve guessed it ....!

I have run the aerial both through the fuse and out the side...no issue with either method.

Cant help you with the brake...

Roger

PS the VIP is easily my favourite aeroplane!
Dodgie is offline Find More Posts by Dodgie
Old Nov 22, 2004, 02:38 PM
Joined Sep 2004
68 Posts
Heh dodgie you aint the person who I bought this vip from on Saturday at West London Models are ya?
Old Nov 23, 2004, 10:00 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
The hardware is good.. the assembly is straightforward...As far as launching it.. you MIGHT want to try a launch preset with 1 or 2 mm of "up" elevator.. It heads for the ground before it gets up to speed.. Start with VERY small throws on everything... And be warned..landing it is like trying to guide an air hockey puck. It just keeps going and going and going. Don't let it get too far away from you unless you have Chuck Yeager vision.
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic