Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 19, 2004, 03:39 PM
Elmwood Park,NJ, United States
Joined Nov 2004
970 Posts
Help!
e-flite ultimate flight probs

hey guys picked up an ultimate a week ago or so. i usually do a little beefing up like 1/4 inch balsa at wing and tail to fuse areas, just to give it a little rigidness. it weighs about 12 ounces with the e-flight brushless on it and i used a 10x4.7 prop on iy so i can use my spare 10 amp speed controller. hovering is not there but i,m more interested in clean aerobatics. the problem i have is it seems to fly nose up a little although the cg is right on the money and mounted the batt. at the top of the cabane as per e-flight revision. also when i hit a knife edge position and kick a little rudder to maintain altitude the plane turns sharply toward its bottom similar to an outside knife edge circle. now if i trim the elevator with a fair amount of up and try the knife edge it works much better but ofcourse in level flight it will climb too much.. is this a thrust issue ? in 30 years ive never had a model do this on me.... thanks
jonathan8388 is offline Find More Posts by jonathan8388
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2004, 09:02 AM
Joined Jul 2004
57 Posts
Jonathan,
I think you`ll find the c.g. needs to be 1/2 to 3/4in. forward of their recommended. This means you`ll have to move the battery down onto the main fuse. The things have a lot of pitch coupling that will be hard to trim out. Maintain a fair amount of speed and pitch up the nose a little so you don`t need as much rudder help lessen the coupling.

Mark
MarkCov is offline Find More Posts by MarkCov
Old Nov 22, 2004, 03:50 PM
Elmwood Park,NJ, United States
Joined Nov 2004
970 Posts
thanks, that solved the problem!
jonathan8388 is offline Find More Posts by jonathan8388