HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2004, 01:20 AM
Joined Nov 2004
4 Posts
b-29 - rudder control on a 2-channel?

Hi,

I was wondering if I could change a differential thrust plane to one with rudder control.

Basically, the plane would be controlled by thrust and rudder.

I would like to retain original parts and cheap 2-channel radio and use 1 servo. Is this possible if I solder a few things?
abdulf is offline Find More Posts by abdulf
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2004, 09:41 AM
Kansas
Joined Jul 2002
539 Posts
If you have one of the B-29s for sale on Ebay, they turn pretty good on just thrust differential.
I don't know if you could convert the thrust differential "channel" to operate an actuater or coil.
You don't want to get acused of flooding, but you might pose the same question in the Indoor Model forum. Some lightweight planes use pretty novel methods for control.
die fliedermaus is offline Find More Posts by die fliedermaus
Old Nov 19, 2004, 04:27 PM
Rumson, NJ
Joined Dec 2003
149 Posts
i don't know how the electronics are on that plane, but with only differential thrust you have no servo's installed. you may be able to install one into the electronics, but once again i dont know if they will accept a servo.

im going to go ahead and assume no. by the time you got it flying, you would have all new electronics.
bluesilver30 is offline Find More Posts by bluesilver30
Old Nov 19, 2004, 07:01 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Aug 2004
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulf
Hi,

I was wondering if I could change a differential thrust plane to one with rudder control.

Basically, the plane would be controlled by thrust and rudder.

I would like to retain original parts and cheap 2-channel radio and use 1 servo. Is this possible if I solder a few things?

Hello, I have the same plane waiting to be converted as well. I don't think you can do the conversion as you described easily. However I do have a set of one-channel rudder only receiver/esc combo with transmitter. I think you can combine the parts to do rudder control easier. If you are interested I can send them to you, you just pay the shipping. PM me if you are interested.
shschon is offline Find More Posts by shschon