HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2002, 03:48 PM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
Next best thing

Hello all,

I know you guys have learned one way or another to fly solo in one take off/ throw, or with an instructor. Flying is quite relaxing, and the rush of being a kid again is a good and therapeutic feeling. Back to basics, is what I always tell myself.

R/C airplane from big or small is a step up from flying a kit, pride and rewards when one conquers the sky, or accomplish flying and the craftsmanship behind achieving and understanding the scientific principles of building, as well, as flying.

Next best thing, is one's question. My question is a question of frustration, frustrated of crashing. I know, I can get planes up in the air, but the impatience character, that some of us get when our toy is geared for the field in almost windless day(Eve).

There must be a plane out there for me, that has the capabilities, that can teach me, or the guy next to me, will it be the TigerMoth? For sure not the watt-age Ezette, nor the Watt-age Cub400EP, don't get me wrong, they all fly, but not for those with mediocre experience.

Then so, fellow E-flyers. Back to basics, what is the best thing,and the next best thing, for those trying to step above the TM and the Firebird.

thanks,

genovia - "Let me take her up, so she can dance, where
she belongs. Up there in the sky"
genovia is offline Find More Posts by genovia
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2002, 04:10 PM
DNA
NE Ohio
Joined Jun 2001
3,311 Posts
Tipsy
DNA is offline Find More Posts by DNA
Old Feb 24, 2002, 04:45 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Normally this is where I would suggest a Tigermoth. But since you have all the equipment for a 400 size plane IMHO the best choice would be a Soarstar or Wingo.

Easy to build, easy to fly and handles wind better than a 'moth. And will fly in the same area as the Cub.

The only disadvantage is the way it looks, but it'll get you ready for those other planes.
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase