HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by johnsloper, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 08:53 AM
Vientos del Dios
Carlsbad, California, United States
Joined Aug 2004
286 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
FS: Sioux RTF "full-house" Sailplane

FS - Sioux 2.6 model, Sailplane RTF! $350

Call it your light air sloper, or medium air ripper. Either way it's cheap for a lot of fun. I fly before the zagi's at Torrey Pines on the light days. Just put in a little camber and you're up and away. Or crow 'till you land with negative ground speed.

Valenta has been known to offer extremely high quality sailplanes from the czech republic. for details visit: http://www.valentamodel.cz/index-aj.htm

It's a fullhouse sloper/hi start/winch plane (ailerons, flaps, rudder and elevator). Two hooks on belly with added fiberglass patch inside fuse. D-Box construction. I'm selling it because I'm building (funding) a new plane, plus i have 4 slopers.

The Sioux flies awesome, thermals great and is as stable as a true 3M. The two piece wing connects with a dual composite wing rod/spar system. The foil is fast but slows down very nice with the crow or when using camber in flight. Last week I did three hand catches in a row. The fuse is rock solid so it can take a ballast tube for the windier days on the slope. It has a beautifully molded rudder and upswept molded tips.

Also Included: 5 hs81's, 1 hs55 (elev), 1-8 channel hitec rcd rx (dual poliarity for JR/Air/Fut/Hitec), 1200mAh NiMh, charge switch, servo extensions etc. Save lot's of $$$ and time when you buy this ready to fly model. Charge battery, insert your crystal and you're flying.

airfoil: MH32 (inner wings) and RG15 (outer wings) AUW is 43oz.

FAQ's:
1) this model has been crashed once (tony!) and professionally repaired.
2) the entire fuse/rudder is one continuous unit (fully molded)
3) the only difference in this and the electric version is, the e-version's fuse is cut to accomodate the spinner/prop assembly.
4) shipping will be around $25 (+ or -) plus insurance.
johnsloper is offline Find More Posts by johnsloper
Last edited by johnsloper; Nov 15, 2004 at 05:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2004, 09:30 AM
Live for speed
USA, CT, Bethany
Joined Mar 2004
1,371 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
PM'ed
GoFaster is offline Find More Posts by GoFaster
Old Nov 15, 2004, 09:45 AM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
Trader Rating: 58
I thought this one was sold already?
Is the 55 enough on the elevator?

Thanks
Kirby
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Old Nov 15, 2004, 10:42 AM
Vientos del Dios
Joined Aug 2004
286 Posts
1. There's a hook (two) on the bottom; with large fiberglass patch on the inside for support.
2. Sold to me, flew for 10 sessions at torrey pines, fun to be the highest object to stay out of the way of the paragliders and 60" slope racers. I'm moving on, don't want something so floaty and lots of new projects on work bench.
3. elevator works great, I can do lots of loops no problem. keeping back end light is nice.
4. D Box construction
Old Nov 15, 2004, 10:58 AM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
Trader Rating: 58
Could you post a photo of the repair?
I did not think I was crazy. I would be looking to convert it to electric, would you concider selling it without the servos?
Thanks
Kirby
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Old Nov 15, 2004, 11:41 AM
Vientos del Dios
Joined Aug 2004
286 Posts
It would make an excellent electric as I have lots of lead in the nose at the moment. That's what my next plan is for the plane.

Nope on the servo removal. That's supposed to "add value" to the plane. You can take them out and sell them. I have plenty of 81's already.

Thank you.
Old Jun 03, 2005, 06:59 PM
sloper dude
L'Étoile du Nord
Joined Jan 2005
200 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Sold yet?
Jeffrito is offline Find More Posts by Jeffrito
Closed Thread