HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2004, 05:44 PM
Woodsy
Drouin, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
2,117 Posts
Can some one help me with this choper

I'm new to chopers and was wondering if any one could tell me anything about this one, it's mful CCPM and i can get it for $300Aud for EVERYTHING, just charge and fly (or crash!!!)
its the top one 5ch CCPM
http://www.revolutionshop.com/ep_heli_rtf.html
woodsy is offline Find More Posts by woodsy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2004, 06:04 PM
Joined Jul 2004
56 Posts
i myself would go with the trex or show gun you will be happier.
helicrasher is offline Find More Posts by helicrasher
Old Nov 13, 2004, 07:43 PM
Sydney, Down under
Joined Aug 2003
1,080 Posts
looks like a twister c/p avalible from www.hstore.com.au
Supersix is offline Find More Posts by Supersix
Old Nov 13, 2004, 11:50 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,803 Posts
Over to micros

FB
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Nov 14, 2004, 01:21 AM
micro mechanic
Oz, Kansas
Joined May 2004
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicrasher
No way!

start with a simple FP micro...maybe the FP version on that site,which can be upgraded to CP in the future.

Any CP is way out of a noobs league!
aerohawk1 is offline Find More Posts by aerohawk1
Old Nov 14, 2004, 01:22 AM
United States, CA, Stanton
Joined Jan 2004
2,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicrasher

Personally the Shogun would be a better choice.
mdttb is offline Find More Posts by mdttb
Old Nov 14, 2004, 01:26 AM
micro mechanic
Oz, Kansas
Joined May 2004
2,303 Posts
for the cost,though...
it is a good deal,just not unless you've been in the game for a while.

a Trex or Shogun will cost you 3-4 times as much(are we forgetting that most people dont have CCPM radio's sitting on their shelves? ) and even more to fix when you crash.
aerohawk1 is offline Find More Posts by aerohawk1
Old Nov 14, 2004, 03:54 AM
Woodsy
Drouin, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
2,117 Posts
Well thanks.... I think.
My back ground is glow SPAD's for sport and combat, then foamy's (i'm the Aussie importer for www.3dfoamy.com) and i want a choper just 'cause i can.
Aparently this choper is a full CCPM dragonfly knock off (but it could be a twister knock off) and most parts are interchangeable, just looking at prices it seems like a fair deal for $300 aussie
Old Nov 14, 2004, 06:51 AM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,210 Posts
I think you have misread the price. When I looked up the link it was $A399.95, not $300. What Tx & Rx is included? Please be careful that it is really a leagel 36Mh frequency, and not an illegal frequency.

By the way, the Twister/Honeybee/ESky 3d heli has some issues in CP mode, please read the forums about it. But if you used it as an FP, the head speed will be huge, making it more stable in the hover, BUT more expensive when you hit things (and you will!) I am presently learning on a Mini Dragonfly FP, and after about 12 charges, I can now take off and reach eye level and "sorta" hover (a pretty big square but) and get it down again without any damage, and contuining until I flatten the battery...

Best thing to do is assume that any prior R/C experience you have counts for nix, and tackle the learning curve seriously. I would recommend going for a fixed pitch heli as a first choice.

don't listen to those people who recommend spending bulk $$$ instead, you will spend way more than the cost of a micro FP heli in crashes with a bigger one...
Tonystott is offline Find More Posts by Tonystott
Old Nov 15, 2004, 01:52 AM
Woodsy
Drouin, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
2,117 Posts
Nope price is actualy $299.95 (+freight) if you contact them and ask, as thats what they sell it for on e-bay as a "buy it now" option.

Radio apears to be 36Mhz FM but i've e-mailed them and asked but with the weight 27Mhz is also legal
Old Nov 15, 2004, 01:57 AM
Australia
Joined Mar 2004
2,358 Posts
27mhz is not legal in Aus. And besides rc toy stuff runs on that freq
Philpops is offline Find More Posts by Philpops
Old Nov 15, 2004, 02:05 AM
Woodsy
Drouin, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
2,117 Posts
Check the MAAA regs for 27Mhz

"The MAAA have approved the use of electric powered models on 27Mhz at MAAA club fields. Accordingly a frequency board has been fitted to the pound door.

1. The model must be less than a half a Kilogram.

2. The power source must be less than 9volts.

3. A marked frequency key must be used.

4. Only MAAA approved Instructors can assist in FLYING of a visitors model for Insurance coverage to apply.

5. Other members can assist in setting up and giving advice but his/her Insurance will not cover any situation should that member permit or assist the visitor to fly.

6. A visitor can be covered by an approved Instructor's Insurance for any approved aircraft type, including the 27Mhz class, for 2 visits, before it is expected that the person would join the Club, or any club, whereby a valid MAAA card is issued to that person.

NOTE: There will be NO Insurance coverage for any accident if you assist in flying and are not a MAAA approved Instructor."
Old Nov 15, 2004, 02:17 AM
Australia
Joined Mar 2004
2,358 Posts
maybe it was 29mhz that i was thinking. What frequency do the cops and ambos run on?
Old Nov 15, 2004, 06:23 AM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,210 Posts
You might be >allowed< to fly a micro heli on 27mHz, but you'd better hope there isn't some little kid in a backyard nearby playing with his $40 remote control toy on your frequency.. The outcome mightn't be pretty....
Tonystott is offline Find More Posts by Tonystott
Old Nov 15, 2004, 06:53 AM
Australia
Joined Mar 2004
2,358 Posts
not worth the risk in my opinion