HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2004, 09:00 AM
Styrofoam Bird
Plainsboro, New Jersey, United States
Joined Sep 2004
100 Posts
Frequency board thing for club Where to buy ?

Hello, I just joined a R/C club and at the meething, we were discussing where to buy a vinyl strip with all the frequency numbers on it. Since the old one was paper and was ruined in the rain. Does anyone know where something like this can be purchased ?

Thanks, WBB
Warbird Brian is offline Find More Posts by Warbird Brian
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2004, 09:31 AM
Marlborough, Massachussetts, United States
Joined May 2002
1,874 Posts
Based on what I've seen, they are usually home made. However, any place that prints signs (for real estate, construction, etc.) should be able to do the job. Should be listed in the yellow pages.
BrianRickman is offline Find More Posts by BrianRickman
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:44 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,812 Posts
I would not be surprised to find that such an item could be purchased from the AMA.
You could print out on computer and have someone ssuch as Offic Max to laminate it.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Nov 11, 2004, 01:02 PM
SB-28 UK Display Pilot
ENGLAND
Joined Jul 2001
2,466 Posts
Go and see Mike Shellims site RC-soar there is a downloadable pegboard artwork under 'Projects'

http://www.rc-soar.com/index.html

Regards

GeeW
GeeW is offline Find More Posts by GeeW
Old Nov 11, 2004, 01:38 PM
Styrofoam Bird
Plainsboro, New Jersey, United States
Joined Sep 2004
100 Posts
Thanks for the reply's fellers.
Warbird Brian is offline Find More Posts by Warbird Brian
Old Nov 12, 2004, 09:54 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,450 Posts
Our frequency boar is made of a piece of floor molding. I just took a marker, marked off sections and write in the numbers. I cover 72 mhz channels and 27 mhz channels as those are the most common at our field.

We use a piece of metal rod, about 3 feet long, driven into the ground about 12 inches, to hold it. A metal tube is held onto the pole with copper plumbing straps, similar to what you would use to support down a water pipe in your house.

Use clothes pins to mark the used frequencies. The photo shows the pole.
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Nov 12, 2004, 10:54 PM
Gearhead gone Flyin'!
Baytown, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2004
149 Posts
I made one for a local club not far from me. I have a vinyl cutter, so I went ahead and cut the numbers out in vinyl, the placed them on a 24"x36" piece of plexiglass. This way it can get wet, muddy, dirty, grimy and still be shot with Windex or any glass cleaner, and cleaned up. I did theirs for $50 including shipping (they are on the other side of town, and at the time, I did not have a car ), and would be happy to do the same for you if you want? I presume this would be an FM 72Mhz board, correct? Highband (channel 36 thru 60) or Lowband (channel 11 thru 35) or both? They used the large "Gator Clips" on the sides of the board next to the numbers to indicate which channels were in use. This also helped in keep the board utilitarian and also enabled members to "clip" their AMA cards to the board as well if need be.

Just let me know if interested and I can get you something worked out fairly quick.

Take care,
~MyDeSoto~
MyDeSoto is offline Find More Posts by MyDeSoto
Old Nov 13, 2004, 07:06 AM
Denver, Colorado, United States
Joined Dec 2003
79 Posts
Our local club has a large metal box with a hinged door, mounted on two posts in the ground. Inside the box are pegs mounted on the wall with numbers painted below them. On each peg is a numbered wood tag with a clothes pin attached to the tag that clips on each of the pegs. You just open the box and remove the tag you need and clip it to your transmitter antenna.
Bob Smith is offline Find More Posts by Bob Smith