Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 22, 2002, 07:29 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2000
308 Posts
Canada going for all the Gold!!!!

First the womens hockey, next the mens. Canada! Canada! Canada!
tripster is offline Find More Posts by tripster
Old Feb 22, 2002, 07:36 PM
Faded away
Joined Nov 2001
652 Posts
We'll see you on the ice Sunday!

... and may the best American win! (That is NORTH American! )

Dave
Dave Seay is offline Find More Posts by Dave Seay
Old Feb 22, 2002, 08:02 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2000
308 Posts
As long as there are no French, or American refs well do just fine
Old Feb 22, 2002, 08:12 PM
Keremeos, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 1996
632 Posts
Well, some of the gold...

I laughed and laughed at the gal that offered to sign the Canadian flag that the US team was using as a floor mat in their dressing room; I cannot think of a funnier response to that situation.

At the same time, I wonder what would have happened to ANY team that was using the US flag for a skatewipe...
Terry Lyttle is offline Find More Posts by Terry Lyttle
Old Feb 22, 2002, 09:03 PM
Giddy up!
Woodridge, Illinois
Joined May 2000
4,478 Posts
I've been an avid hockey fan my whole life. I feel that the pros shouldn't be playing in the Olympics. This isn't Canada vs. the US, it's half of the NHL vs. the other half of the NHL. That said, go USA (our guys are old but your guys are older...)
Sal C is offline Find More Posts by Sal C
Old Feb 23, 2002, 06:24 AM
Central NJ
Joined Mar 2001
708 Posts
Na, the pros should be allowed to play in the Olympics too.... they say that Cananda hasn't won a gold in 50 years even though they invented the sport and hockey has been their national sport forever.... did they never recieve a gold medal because they didn't produce any good players ? Of course not,no way ! All their players were dominating the ranks of the pro-hockey teams and were not allowed to be in the Olympics for most of those 50 years.... I think the new rules letting in the pros is great for Canada and they deserve to have their best players ( pros ) in the Olympics..it's about time !
Feodosia Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Feodosia Flyer
Old Feb 23, 2002, 11:53 AM
Al
Sidney,British Columbia, Canada
Joined Jan 1999
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sal C
(our guys are old but your guys are older...)
That right! To keep things fair we are substituting a 50+ recreational hockey team so the US will have a chance. We don't want the US to lose by too much in front of the home town fans

CANADA IS HOCKEY!
Al is offline Find More Posts by Al
Old Feb 23, 2002, 12:03 PM
Al
Joined Jan 1999
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tripster
As long as there are no French, or American refs well do just fine
I don't know about the French but I think the American ref used to work as an acountant at Enron
Old Feb 23, 2002, 12:29 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2000
308 Posts
LMAO
Old Feb 23, 2002, 08:37 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Feb 2001
655 Posts
Think of it this way if he US wins (and that is looking like a VERY small IF) we can take away Hull's Canadian Passport and totally renounce him once and for all (note: he was born and raised in North Vancouver, BC, Canada)

GO CANADA GO!!!!!!!!!
knight of Ni is offline Find More Posts by knight of Ni
Old Feb 23, 2002, 10:25 PM
cincinati, oh
Joined Jul 2001
199 Posts
here, here

hull is a sell out..i dont mind him playing for his country..BUT HE IS NOT! he said in 98 that he didnt want to hurt his "fame" in the states.....be loyal you loser!!!!

as for the pros thing...well, at least it is a compatition..i dont here the americans wining about there basketball team......nothing like seeing Charles barkley picking a fight with a player form lithiania [sp] when they are up by 30!!!

go leafs go!!!
ramw5p is offline Find More Posts by ramw5p
Old Feb 24, 2002, 12:08 AM
Al
Joined Jan 1999
180 Posts
Re: here, here

Quote:
Originally posted by ramw5p
go leafs go!!!
Ramw5p,

I liked everything you said until the above noted unspeakable words of blaspheme revealed themselves!!! I suspect you may have meant to say "GO,HABS,GO" if not then.......

SECURITY!!! HAVE THIS MAN REMOVED!
Old Feb 24, 2002, 01:19 AM
cincinati, oh
Joined Jul 2001
199 Posts
hey now!

Well...axctually i am a habs fan..viva le habitant [sp]..but what does a canadian chant...figured go leafs..as in "maple" leafs...to be honest i like both teams...blastfimy...i grew up in bc, then moved to toronto..so i have an affinity for both teams......hey nobody in bc are canucks fans!....my team was the Lafleur, gainey, and Dryden teams of the late 70's...now good old Dryden runs the leafs!

so go CANADA go!
ramw5p is offline Find More Posts by ramw5p
Old Feb 24, 2002, 01:44 AM
Al
Joined Jan 1999
180 Posts
Re: hey now!

Quote:
Originally posted by ramw5p
Well...axctually i am a habs fan..viva le habitant [sp]..but what does a canadian chant...figured go leafs..as in "maple" leafs...to be honest i like both teams...blastfimy...i grew up in bc, then moved to toronto..so i have an affinity for both teams......hey nobody in bc are canucks fans!....my team was the Lafleur, gainey, and Dryden teams of the late 70's...now good old Dryden runs the leafs!

so go CANADA go!
AHHH it was all a mistake. I thought so. Plus you invoked the most holy of names "LAFLEUR" You may carry on cheering!!!

CANADA RULES! (in hockey anyways)
Old Feb 24, 2002, 07:37 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2000
308 Posts
6 hours to go. I can't stand it amymore. Out to the road to play some hockey.......and maybe a litestik flight