Which stadium truck or monster truck would be better
NoS is offline Find More Posts by NoS
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2004, 08:01 AM
Maxx Basher/Savage Hunter
Central VA
Joined Sep 2004
281 Posts
I would say any of the 4x4 monster trucks are going to be about equal. I would think a stadium would not fair as well as a monster in the snow though.

*EDIT*

Just noticed you said electric...You will need to water proof it very well for snow use. I would not recommend an electric for that, how about a nitro?
Davcruz is offline Find More Posts by Davcruz
Old Nov 09, 2004, 10:42 AM
Village Idiot!
United States, OK, Ponca City
Joined Mar 2003
126 Posts
I have an older Losi buggy similar to the setup of the Associated B4. And as far as snow goes, waterproofing is essential. Also, with their limited ground clearance, the snow is going to have to be packed somewhat. It will easily dig in and leave the chassis lying on the snow.

You will also find it beneficial to tighten down the diff to keep both wheels spinning equally as it will help to keep some stability to the back end. Four wheel drive would certainly help in getting going, but any source of power will easily overcome the amount of traction that your tires will have. Your deep chevron tires, such as the stockers on the T/E Maxx or similar, should offer a good balance between directional stablility, acceleration and floatability on snow. But the lighter and deeper the powder, the more the challenge you'll find. Heck, you could go for one of the 6x6 conversions out there if your budget allows.

Anyway, if your like most of us out there, we're just looking to have a blast. Let us know what you come up with in the end.
tdonily is offline Find More Posts by tdonily
Old Nov 09, 2004, 11:01 AM
lockport(buffalo) NY
Joined Oct 2004
88 Posts
no question.
emaxx has ground clearance, power, bigger tires/better tread, and is basically, a monster(that says it all right there)
matt1049 is offline Find More Posts by matt1049
Old Nov 09, 2004, 04:13 PM
NoS
IT Technician
Cambridge MA
Joined Sep 2004
400 Posts
then i was probably thinkin a tmaxx. would that be better. plus do you have to waterproof it like a electric
NoS is offline Find More Posts by NoS
Old Nov 09, 2004, 06:19 PM
lockport(buffalo) NY
Joined Oct 2004
88 Posts
you will have to waterproof the radio gear the same(ez and simple)
the only thing u might want to consider is a snorkle for the carb if u were to go deep underwatr or anything but ur prob not gonna so unneccessary
Old Nov 12, 2004, 10:35 AM
Lincoln California
Joined Nov 2004
6 Posts
I would have to agree with the others Tmaxx
Deman is offline Find More Posts by Deman
Old Nov 13, 2004, 09:27 PM
Go Topless
in your head, right behind your eyes
Joined Mar 2004
265 Posts
traxxas anything. just dont get the electronics wet. i have submerged my xl-1 in my rustler tough and it is still working properly. my stampede has a set of clodbuster tires and rims on it and i can go places that a tmax cant go in the snow. i dont even sink into it and i have a solid steel rod and plate roll cage that weighs easily 1.5 lb and i can run across the surface of a swimming pool and only get the tire tread wet. it is sweet. i float over snow, water, rocks, and mud. it is so nice. you should check into the clod rims and check on a stampede. it will outlast the maxx and it is stronger too. it may not be as costomizable but it is still nice to look at.

RABBIT out
yodog1 is offline Find More Posts by yodog1
Old Nov 14, 2004, 01:21 PM
lockport(buffalo) NY
Joined Oct 2004
88 Posts
rabbit, what type of modifications or parts do u have to do/buy to fit on clod rims/tires?(guessing that they dont just drop rite in...idk)
Old Nov 14, 2004, 11:23 PM
Go Topless
in your head, right behind your eyes
Joined Mar 2004
265 Posts
they actually mount up on a bone stock pede with little problem. i have rpm rear hexes which are thinner than stock so mine mounted up a bit easier. id recomend getting the rpm hexes for it. i have found that you loose some steering cause the rims hit the suspension arms but i can live with the lessened turning radius. if i need to turn verry tight i just put the stockers back on.

RABBIT out
yodog1 is offline Find More Posts by yodog1