HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Tony Oliver, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 12:11 PM
Voices through wires? Ha!
Joined Feb 2003
1,658 Posts
"Fleance" on that site is somethin' else! "Fly Fleance, fly!"

C
Chas is offline Find More Posts by Chas
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2006, 04:16 AM
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Joined Sep 2003
508 Posts
Swiss Miss, Eliminator, Y Bar, Eureka ???? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! am I going to heaven or what?? Built and used to compete with them way back in 80's in the National Cadet Corps competitions and few organised by Aurora Model Mfg here in India. Back then had acess to only the K diesels (including mills replica )or some sharma diesels.
the kits were also made by aurora models besides also remember building and flying Inchwarm and lucifer towline gliders.
Built a few tomboys with mills .75 on them.
The last mills I had gave it to some gentleman in Scotland who needed them. Have a few diesels for nostalgia sake but mostly fly glow these days. Thinking of getting back to FF ways.
mchandrayan is offline Find More Posts by mchandrayan
Old Jun 17, 2006, 04:53 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,425 Posts
I've just got myself a new camera... a Nikon Coolpix 8800 so I gave it a test when I took a few model down to my favourite flying site yesterday evening..

This is the fleet:

What's that?... one of them has a propeller .. The Piper Cub is from a West Wings kit converted to CO2 power (CO2 cylinder in the background). I built the model for my son but it's proved to be such a good flyer the I've hijacked it for this flying session. The Rapier models are my DH-108 Swallow and Haase Rocket Plane (from the 1938 Frank Zaic yearbook). The Haase is a great design (plans on Jetex.org web site) it's super consistent and has been lost OOS and recovered on several occasions already.

I captured a couple of video clips of the Rapier models using the new camera... By the way; the singing and chattering in the background is provided by my 5 year old daughter Cara ;D

The Haase on a rather weak L1:
http://media.putfile.com/Haas-Rocket-Plane

It actually came down near the high rise on the left which is further away than it looks because I has the camera zoomed in at 10x zoom.... I found the model after a brief search ;D

And this is the Swallow (trimmed a bit nose heavy so the glide is not so good).. power is 100mN L2:
http://media.putfile.com/Swallow-on-100mN-L2
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:49 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,425 Posts
I've just got a video of the Piper Cub too... Here it is:
http://media.putfile.com/West-Wings-Piper-Cub

It goes OOS toward the end of the clip but I did find it and get it back intact (just under 2 minute flight )
Last edited by JetPlaneFlyer; Jun 21, 2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 02:22 PM
Prince George, B.C.
Joined Apr 2005
60 Posts
My latest

Haven't got any rigging on yet, want to see how it's going to fly first. Seems to do okay on a few hundred in the front yard, but will have to wait for a calm evening to try for more. So far looks like a real slow flyer. Lettering and registration is of the first licsenced aircraft in Canada by Roland Groome at the Regina Air Harbour. The old Red Ensign was my idea, thought it needed some color.
Hermit
crazy but willin is offline Find More Posts by crazy but willin
Old Jun 21, 2006, 03:29 PM
North-East England
Joined Mar 2002
3,400 Posts
Could I make a plea for all contributors to this 'Post your freeflight model pics here' thread to do just that? We seem to get three or four separate conversations at a time crossing over each other.

I would suggest that when there is obvious interest (eg in the Jets pics) that a separate thread be started on that topic/model so that in the future, a Search will be able to be carried out to give access to the info which would otherwise be lost?

Don't be shy about it - it's all great stuff, especially if not a common F/F topic. All it needs is for the pics to be posted and someone ask for more details. Posters of the original pics have fired imagination in others so need not think it's unwanted.

Thanks (not really a rant, more a plea to help keep F/F as a listed Forum)

Tony
Tony Oliver is offline Find More Posts by Tony Oliver
Old Jun 24, 2006, 07:14 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,166 Posts
I especially like that Supermax and the gliders. All wood is cool!
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Jun 24, 2006, 09:02 AM
Free Flight rubber flyer
United States, GA, Warner Robins
Joined Mar 2005
501 Posts
Thanks a bunch. The Supermax is built that way so as to hold the amount of rubber I want, which is quite a lot!
jwfinn is offline Find More Posts by jwfinn
Old Jun 29, 2006, 10:37 PM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,485 Posts
Welcome to the forum. They all look nice, and are well built. Well done.
gossie is offline Find More Posts by gossie
Old Jun 29, 2006, 10:49 PM
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
2,568 Posts
Good to find you here, too, Alex!
Applehoney is offline Find More Posts by Applehoney
Old Jun 30, 2006, 01:40 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,425 Posts
Alex,
Great models. I'm especially interested in the fantastic Polikarpov as this is my next build project. It would appear it's been built from the plan on the 'Deathtrapsquadron' web site, but you have used what looks like laminated formers. I'd be very interested in a little detail of how you did the formers and how you assembled the fuselage... Presumably some sort of jig is used?
I'd also be interested in how you did the wing mounting.

Have you flown it yet?

Feel free to drop me an email rather than take this thread off on a tangent steve_bage@btinternet.com
Old Jun 30, 2006, 03:23 AM
flight999
England
Joined Dec 2002
2,344 Posts
Great images and nice models.
Welcome!!

Steve, why not start a separate thread we can all share, or is this a private club?
flight999 is offline Find More Posts by flight999
Old Jun 30, 2006, 07:28 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flight999
Steve, why not start a separate thread we can all share, or is this a private club?
I'll do that once I've started building the model