Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Tony Oliver, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 06:32 AM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,465 Posts
Am sure l'll be okay soon----mainly hurts when l laugh----hah hah hah OOOOOOOOO.
gossie is offline Find More Posts by gossie
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2005, 12:21 PM
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
2,566 Posts
>don't even think about placing a hand on that Jet Ski for 4 weeks

Huge storm hit Toronto and surrounding areas on Friday whilst we were away; huge flooding, roads washed out, hundreds of basements, stores, malls etc. flooded. Police stripped a dealership of its Jet Skis and used them to rescue stranded drivers from their car roofs on the parkway. Presumably there's a sale on lightly used Jet Skis, now...
Applehoney is online now Find More Posts by Applehoney
Old Aug 25, 2005, 01:41 PM
flight999
England
Joined Dec 2002
2,344 Posts
Take care Gossie. Matcho doesn't count
here. Talk to Brian Wa.
flight999 is offline Find More Posts by flight999
Old Aug 31, 2005, 06:50 PM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,465 Posts
Dr Jeckyl & Mr Hyde's BONES.

Jeckyl & Hyde bones ready to cover same as the first one---black fuselage, double cover Esaki lite cross grain---fin, prop and rear of fuse. red Esaki, stab. and wing center section orange Esaki, with red tips.

First one has been such a good and reliable flyer l just had to have a spare--may give Open Rubber a nudge next year as well as the OZ Vintage again.
Old Sep 01, 2005, 12:39 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,165 Posts
Looks great! Nice work Gossie.

tt
Treetop is online now Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Sep 08, 2005, 12:00 AM
New Caney TX.
Joined Mar 2002
343 Posts
History Lesson;

Good long thread. Haven't done real FF in over 30 years. Loved it but just too many other toys to play with and didn't have to chase them.
I did have considerable success with OHLG, Class C FF, yet I could never get the hang of rubber power. My hat is forever tipped to those that do so.
If the picture comes in, it is a history thing as it is the launch for the winning fly-off in the US Air Force's World-Wide (AF personnel that is) Model Airplane Championships, near San Antonio, TX in summer of 1967.
The same San De Hogan won the Chicago Aeronuts AAA Midwestern Championships at Bong Fld. WI, USA, in Sep. 1968.
BTW this was me flying in Class C FF both events.
Hossfly is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly
Last edited by Hossfly; Sep 08, 2005 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Add Class C FF
Old Sep 08, 2005, 03:26 AM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,465 Posts
Nice pic, but where's the San De Hogan???? That looks like a Witch Doctor---good machine in it's day though with a good 35 up front----or maybe a 40???????
Old Sep 09, 2005, 11:30 PM
New Caney TX.
Joined Mar 2002
343 Posts
Gossie youd did GOOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossie
Nice pic, but where's the San De Hogan???? That looks like a Witch Doctor---good machine in it's day though with a good 35 up front----or maybe a 40???????
Thank you Mr. Gossie. You helped me remove the ol' head from the dark and dirty position.

San de Hogan was my second real free flight when a kid in school. Of course the first wes a Cleveland Playboy. BTW I have original kits of each in my stockpile.

However I don't have a kit of that STARDUSTER in the pic. It was powered with a K&b .40, series 64(?). Potent engine for that day and time.

Thanks for the help there.
Hossfly is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly
Old Sep 10, 2005, 04:54 AM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,465 Posts
STARDUSTER----Stand corrected----looks a bit like a 'Doctor' though---maybe???
Old Sep 10, 2005, 04:59 AM
New Zealand, Otago, Harwood
Joined Sep 2004
2,389 Posts
Here's my P-30, doesn't look quite so good now after I blew a motor, I might get around to dragging it out and building a new fuselage for it.
Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Kiwi
Old Sep 10, 2005, 09:44 AM
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
2,566 Posts
>It was powered with a K&b .40, series 64(?). Potent engine for that day and time.

I thought it might be a 'duster 900. I have a kit up in the shelving, somewhere; only bought it because I found it very cheaply at a RC 'swapshop' whilst looking for old plans. The Series 64 KB.40RV is still a good engine, light and powerful, for Classic Gas, etc.; I really oughta build an airplane for one of mine, again.
Applehoney is online now Find More Posts by Applehoney
Old Sep 13, 2005, 09:02 AM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,285 Posts
September Maxecuter update photos are here

http://www.his.com/~tschmitt/013SEPT...PHOTOPAGE.html

http://www.his.com/~tschmitt/013SEPT...PHOTOPAGE.html

Pat Daily
Pat Daily is offline Find More Posts by Pat Daily
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My latest blog entry.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 04:41 PM
Rem The Wasp CV-7 9/15/42
Santa Clarita,CA
Joined Apr 2004
1,685 Posts
Well, here is my first attempt at stick building. It is a walnut scale Dumas Wildcat. While it is free flight, I set it up for a static display. It is silkspan covered(oh my god it was a nightmare for me) and painted. I "retracted" the wheels, and did a little weathering. I am donating the model to auction for the U.S.S. Wasp reunion which is this weekend. Funny enough, today is the day the Wasp was torpedoed and sank 63 years ago, and is the same day I finsihed building the model. It isn't the greatest because it was my first stick and tissue build but it gives a good overall effect. It is decorated in VF-71 squadron markings. Now off to build a display stand for it!
SammyB is offline Find More Posts by SammyB
Last edited by SammyB; Sep 15, 2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 05:04 PM
flight999
England
Joined Dec 2002
2,344 Posts
Hi Kiwi, Like your P30.
Rebuilt it yet?
Perhaps allow room for a motor tube
next time round?
flight999 is offline Find More Posts by flight999
Old Sep 15, 2005, 05:10 PM
flight999