SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Tony Oliver, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 01:57 PM
carbondale il
Joined Jan 2007
2,568 Posts
Joe, That's a good looking Anna Jr. I built one several years ago and it flies like crazy. I put 1 loop of 1/8" rubber in it, hand launched it and nearly lost it to the trees at the edge of the fields it did so well. I didn't expect it to float as long as it did in a well over 1 minute flight at 850 winds. It's set to fly in circles but at the altitude it reached the wind drift carried it. It finally came down gently in the middle of an adjoining baseball diamond where a team of young children were practicing. "Look!, it's an airplane!" was exclaimed by one as it descended and I had to apologize for disrupting them as I retrieved it, very pleased with it's performance.

Kev
kevin matthews is offline Find More Posts by kevin matthews
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:00 PM
The middle of Kansas
Joined Jan 2005
733 Posts
Dakota Bipe

I did a search for Dakota bipe on here and did not come up with anything, so I thought I would post a couple of pics of mine. It weighs 8 oz. with the little K&B engine, and loves to find trees. Still needs some triming. But fun. I scratch built it off of Bill Schimdt's plans. The trim is red tissue. Fun to build model. Anybody else have one?
Jim Kraft is offline Find More Posts by Jim Kraft
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:33 PM
The windy west coast of Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,028 Posts
Flight in the sunset with "Eyas"

Brought 'Eyas' to the field this evening,, and had a number of pleasant flights.
No record breaking ones though, as this field is way too small for a 'full' wind...
Included was also a fairly long 'retreival walk' in dense, shoulder high vegetation...good shoes are essential at these outings....

After the usual fiddling with C/G & decalage, I found that reverting to the previous C/G of about 45-47% gave the best results. I figure the optimal trim settings for this model are about 'settled' by now...

Towards the end of the session, the wind speed was more or less zero, but soon enough the tissue started to sag too much, so calling it a day...

All in all, a very nice & rewarding evening......
Gluehand is online now Find More Posts by Gluehand
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:55 PM
USA, IL, Wheaton
Joined Oct 2010
557 Posts
Great Looking Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kraft View Post
I did a search for Dakota bipe on here and did not come up with anything, so I thought I would post a couple of pics of mine.---- I. Anybody else have one?
Great looking Dakota. You should bring it to the NATS in Muncie IN for the Thursday in free flight week. The Dakota event is on the calendar. I once was there for the contest. Lots of little planes clawing for the sky in the mass launch, and some bits of balsa on the ground when its over. I have one partially done from an old kit and I'd like to put my O.K. Cub .049 in it.

Good luck flying it.

Joe
DuPageJoe is offline Find More Posts by DuPageJoe
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bong Eagles Fall Indoor Meet
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:53 AM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2011
478 Posts
Skylake Models latest 16" kit a Nieuport 11.
FLYBOB54 is offline Find More Posts by FLYBOB54
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:05 PM
Rio Rancho NM
Joined Dec 2004
1,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYBOB54 View Post
Skylake Models latest 16" kit a Nieuport 11.
Is Skylake back in business? I saw a post on another forum about them starting up but haven't seen anything since. A link would be appreciated if you have one.

Beautiful model BTW. I just love stuff in CDL schemes.

scrubs
scrubs is offline Find More Posts by scrubs
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:59 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2011
478 Posts
scrubs we are working hard to bring Skylake back and getting close, for right now I have some kits on Ebay until I build up inventory and get the website up and running. You can search Ebay for user (rextaz) to see what we have now.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:43 PM
1:1 scale is fun!
United States, NJ, Midland Park
Joined Feb 2009
464 Posts
I'm interested in Skylake too. They had some great stuff. Still owe me a DVII and E1 kit that I ordered long ago actually. I'm not pushing it because I know there was some health issues. I would love to see them back and healthy and getting those kits would just be a bonus.
Eric
ECBoehm is offline Find More Posts by ECBoehm
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:43 PM
Australia, NSW, Mona Vale
Joined May 2002
5,450 Posts
I really like that Skylake Nieuport 11.
Trouble is I am having difficulty with the parasol support structures on
the Fokker D 8
I am presently building.
oldpilot is offline Find More Posts by oldpilot
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:01 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2011
478 Posts
Eric we finally have the kits converted and cut and yours are on the way, it took longer than we expected to get everything setup and running smoothly.
There's a bonus in your package for waiting on us.

Oldpilot, struts supporting wings will never be easy but we make them true length on the plan and plug into laser cut slots on our kits and it really makes it a lot less painful.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:14 PM
Rio Rancho NM
Joined Dec 2004
1,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpilot View Post
I really like that Skylake Nieuport 11.
Trouble is I am having difficulty with the parasol support structures on
the Fokker D 8
I am presently building.
The N11 cabane struts are a piece of cake compared to the D8. Pair of uprights and a vee. Plus you get those Vee ones outboard.

scrubs
scrubs is offline Find More Posts by scrubs
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:15 AM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,389 Posts
My 22 year old Pacific Ace from and Easy Built kit. Even made a new motor for her using 1993 vintage FAI Tan Rubber.
Pat Daily is online now Find More Posts by Pat Daily
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:36 AM
flight999
England
Joined Dec 2002
2,344 Posts
Lovely!
Like your blue trim.
flight999 is offline Find More Posts by flight999
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:46 AM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2011
478 Posts
Nice, hope it has a D/T !
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:25 AM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,389 Posts
I use the old Tomy timer dt and it works quite well.
Pat Daily is online now Find More Posts by Pat Daily