SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 06, 2004, 08:07 PM
Zod
Joined Sep 2004
117 Posts
Weird problem with my Voyager E

Does anyone know what happened to my Voyager? I was trying to program a new heli on my TX, and may have accidentally erased my Voyager settings. Today, when I tried to Fly my V, everything worked properly - the swashplate was oriented correctly, moved up with the throttle, the orientation was correct, but when I used the elevator or aileron, the swashplate moved in the opposite direction. When I reversed the direction, the swash moved correctly except when I moved the thorttle/pitch stick up - then, the swash moved up when it was supposed to move down, and vice versa. Am i missing something obvious?
Zod is offline Find More Posts by Zod
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2004, 08:23 PM
Im flying... don't talk!
Arizona, USA
Joined Mar 2004
2,697 Posts
You need to change your pitch percent to -60% instead of 60%
helisfreak is offline Find More Posts by helisfreak
Old Nov 07, 2004, 09:40 AM
Thermals the path to elevation
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jul 2004
3,266 Posts
If this is an Eclipse 7, then the settings helisfreak mentioned is in the "Swash" menu.
RotorCycle is offline Find More Posts by RotorCycle
Old Nov 07, 2004, 10:39 AM
TeamTP,Minicopter,Spartan
Mississippi 31 years , Now Kotzebue , Alaska 12
Joined Apr 2001
7,454 Posts
hey , theres 2 ways to reverse servos in 120 CCPM . the voyager manual tell how to set this up in swash setting , like ail -60 elev. +60 aux1 + 60 you should see something like that in the manual
misskimo is offline Find More Posts by misskimo
Old Nov 07, 2004, 12:43 PM
Zod
Joined Sep 2004
117 Posts
The swash travel adjust setting did the trick... not sure how the settings got screwed up, but I finally found the combination of simple servo reversing and negative travel adjustments to get where I needed to be.

Thanks so much to everyone for your help on this! I was so perplexed I was worried I'd have to send the radio back in to horizon for repairs. It's an old XS388 but I'm glad I won't have to buy a new one.

-Loren
Zod is offline Find More Posts by Zod
Old Nov 07, 2004, 04:35 PM
TeamTP,Minicopter,Spartan
Mississippi 31 years , Now Kotzebue , Alaska 12
Joined Apr 2001
7,454 Posts
hey , I had a 388 2years ago , and man what a hard radio to figure out , still have the manual for it if you go with a 10X , its 10 times user friendly , great radio , finger touch screen , just plan easy

Tony
misskimo is offline Find More Posts by misskimo