HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2005, 05:47 AM
New Brunswick, Canada
Joined Nov 2002
463 Posts
Thank you, that must be the problem. I thought the limit was 10 megs, my files are just under 10 megs.
Charlie06 is offline Find More Posts by Charlie06
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2005, 08:43 AM
Boss248
n/a Posts
Colleen..I would move my vids off my site in a heart beat but cpanel will not accept my password..I have been trying to move the files for a while now but with no luck and I do know how to use the cpanel login because I have done it many times in the past...please advise...if no cpanel then I will gladly delete all the vids just in case I am over the limit (which I doubt because my vids suck anyway)

Boss
Old Feb 01, 2005, 12:55 AM
RCGroups tech support
Joined May 2002
3,424 Posts
Boss248:
Please provide following info via PM:
Your contact email to be specified in your Cpanel's account (it is currently empty for some reason)
Requested Password to use
Mike Kolesnikov is offline Find More Posts by Mike Kolesnikov
Administrator
Old Feb 17, 2005, 06:26 PM
End User
USA, IN, Carmel
Joined May 2002
2,841 Posts
I host for $10/month. PM me if you're interested. This would be real hosting, i.e. no banners, no website templates, etc. You'd have a blank slate
cathode is offline Find More Posts by cathode
Old Mar 26, 2005, 09:06 AM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
Is there a way to tie in the Paid memberships "Bronze Silver and Gold" with the RCHomepage hosting, or does the membership only apply to the RC Gallery storage space? I don't have much stored in my RC Gallery at all, just a few jpgs, the vast majority is hosted on my RCHomepage.

If overall bandwidth usage is the real issue, I would think that it would be better off for a person to store a video (for example) on the RCHomepage site, rather than to put it in the RC Gallery.

I'm thinking that access to the video is more "controlled" by only posting a link to the RCHomepage video in a specific thread topic, or link on the users rchomepage site.
If you posted the same video in the RC Gallery, anyone can browse the Gallery at anytime, to view the video, thus using more bandwidth overall.

There maybe more of a temporary "Spike' in bandwidth usage by only posting a link in a thread topic, but as the subscribers to the thread view or download the video to there PC, and the thread topic keeps growing, the bandwidth use would be less and less for a specific video (as fewer people will find the link).

Tom - Milwaukee
RCParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by RCParkflyer
Old Mar 26, 2005, 09:11 AM
Nova Scotia Canada
Joined Sep 2003
157 Posts
Seems to me that bandwidth usge is good. It means that the video is something people want to see. Isn't that the point?
John Hawkins is offline Find More Posts by John Hawkins
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:02 AM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
Bandwidth = Dollars on the Internet.
I don't know if you've ever used Yahoo Groups, Yahoo are the bandwidth control "Gods". They can find more ways to restrict bandwidth (and there costs) usage than anyone on the planet

I just checked my RCHomepage site, and I've already used over 6 Gig's of bandwidth, since my site was created. unfortunatly most of it involved one video that was too large (12 Megs) to store in the RC Gallery, so I did a favor for the guy, and hosted it on my site. That one "popular" video chewed up over 4 Gig's of bandwidth in about 2 days I think. Fortunatly, that video link is now burried in a thread that has over 2600 postings to it and now reads like a novel.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 09:39 PM
Boss248
n/a Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathode
I host for $10/month. PM me if you're interested. This would be real hosting, i.e. no banners, no website templates, etc. You'd have a blank slate
yOU HOST BUT YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A HOME PAGE..

Boss
Last edited by Mike Kolesnikov; Apr 22, 2005 at 01:21 AM. Reason: offensive language
Old Jun 11, 2005, 07:38 AM
Smashes Things
Montpelier, VA
Joined Feb 2005
2,394 Posts
I could not access anyone's site on rchomepage this whole year. Except, in the past week I have suddenly been able to get there. Did something change?

Typ
RCTyp is offline Find More Posts by RCTyp
Old Jun 20, 2006, 02:10 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,946 Posts
What's the status of the temporary suspension?
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away
Old Jun 20, 2006, 02:29 AM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
They haven't opened any new sites for about a year now. Try GoDaddy
Old Jun 20, 2006, 08:37 AM
RCGroups tech support
Joined May 2002
3,424 Posts
Well, I guess you can safely say it became permanent at this point. We still have no hardware and manpower resources to handle the new registrations, and though I know Jim had some plans for the hosting, don't count on it to become available in the near future.
Administrator
Old Jun 22, 2006, 08:15 PM
Lancaster Pa
Joined Jun 2003
1,970 Posts
Dudes if ya need to plop piles of vids somewhere try http://www.youtube.com/
Thats like what they do.

RChomepage hosting in its current form was outgrown by the ease of anyone making digital videos on thier home computers and the popularity of the hobby and long ago.

By the way Mike sweet job you been doing with the forums here. Always impressed.
Bud Morrison is offline Find More Posts by Bud Morrison
Old Aug 12, 2006, 10:53 PM
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
1,624 Posts
So is this why in my files section, I can only delete past pictures but have no option to upload new ones? I was trying to figure it out untill i stumbled onto this thread...

Paul
Talontsi96 is offline Find More Posts by Talontsi96
Old Aug 13, 2006, 02:58 AM
RCGroups tech support
Joined May 2002
3,424 Posts
I'm not sure I understand, what files section do you mean? Do you host your site at RCHomepage?
Administrator