HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2004, 11:50 PM
Joined Nov 2004
41 Posts
Mini-ac Bl W/mamba 25 In Zig-zag Racer

Ive been working on a project lately that involves a little zig-zag racer and a mamba 25 cc esc coupled to a mini-ac bl motor. ive heard great results from this setup in other sp 400 setups.....my only schnag is the shaft coupler. one of my ingenious friends had made one out of aluminum with ok results but i need great results {i like to take my time and just have it work the first time}does any one know of a source for 2.3mm shaft couplers, or even any help on this subject.
EPHELI is offline Find More Posts by EPHELI
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2004, 01:21 AM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
My 400 cat has a Graupner 2.3>4 mm aluminium connector. Stock item. I believe they also do a 2.3>2.0 mm. That ZigZag set up sounds like a lot of fun!
martin richards is offline Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Nov 04, 2004, 12:30 PM
Joined Nov 2004
41 Posts
thanks for the info martin ill check it out!!
Old Nov 04, 2004, 03:51 PM
Fly like you stole it .
United States, VA, Lorton
Joined Sep 2004
109 Posts
forget about the ZigZag Just put the money into a good hull. Here look at these there same Type boat http://www.finedesignrc.com/hullspip.asp and the Bingo Race is a good deal for that price.
airibatic is offline Find More Posts by airibatic
Old Nov 04, 2004, 06:02 PM
Joined Nov 2004
41 Posts
ok........aribatic where whur you before i bought that zig zag{by the way i still havent drivin{boated?]it yet in stock form , just tore out the pooh inside. hey thanks for the link{thanks..???...you just made me look at another project i haff to have.....yeah thanks!!!}
Old Nov 04, 2004, 08:08 PM
Fly like you stole it .
United States, VA, Lorton
Joined Sep 2004
109 Posts
If you like to biuld here is another great bout that i found http://www.rumrunnerhobbies.com/mutineer_kit.htm it a great kit all lazer cut goes together real fast I am in the middle of bulding it now well painting it now going the run it on traxxas stinger motor and 8 cells to start with. it is a great kit at a great price.once i am done i will post some pictures If you look at the post Gecko thats one of my boats.
airibatic is offline Find More Posts by airibatic
Old Nov 04, 2004, 11:34 PM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
http://www.astecmodels.co.uk/ also has a great selection of monos, cats, hydro's and riggers in small sizes and I think he'll ship to the USA.
Old Nov 04, 2004, 11:57 PM
Joined Nov 2004
41 Posts
well gettin both would'nt be too much. but i hope im even goin to have time . i mean i already have a kyosho viper that i put a schulze esc {wc} and i found real nifty water cooled blue anodized motor heatsink/mount......somehow had it from a long time ago, i use a 2s 4p lipo pack {8000 mah} and a 700bb motor {i think im just barley within the max discharge rate for this pack } but i barley ever go to the pond now!{ mostly weather or im conviently too busy to make it there......and now its daylight savings so its dark when i get off work. but im still warmed up to another project. thanks for the replys, the info incredibly usefull!!
Old Nov 05, 2004, 11:43 AM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
The 700 will barely pull 50 amps with a normal prop, so thats about 6C on your lipo pack. However, only 2s? That's 7.2 v, you really need 4s for the 700.
Old Nov 06, 2004, 07:15 PM
Joined Nov 2004
41 Posts
4s Jesus!!!thats 14.0 Volts ......mmmmm I Do Have Some Of Those{just One For My Logo Ten!!} Will That Work? I Have A Schulze 105 Wk Boat Esc So... Should I Just Go Brushless? If So Motor Reccomendation? { Not Too Luxury Though}not A Millionair, Not Yet..lolol Thanks For The Help!!
Old Nov 06, 2004, 11:30 PM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
Are you still thinking of the ZigZag, because it just won't handle the 700 but the motor, with a 4S pack would be ideal for hulls of up to 24". That's possibly the size with the widest choice of good hulls of all types available - Monos, cats, hydro's and riggers.