Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 05, 2005, 03:50 AM
Joined Nov 2004
4 Posts
Can anyone help? After having done the cat killer mod, one of the props on the rear propellor has come off! : ( Can this be replaced or repaired? Help!
magicmat is offline Find More Posts by magicmat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2005, 04:12 AM
SS AP'er!!
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Joined Oct 2003
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmat
Can anyone help? After having done the cat killer mod, one of the props on the rear propellor has come off! : ( Can this be replaced or repaired? Help!
Could try CA (Like superglue or others) but it may make the rotor off balance? I found that my tailrotor bent alot during transit once i had done the catkiller but it never snapped. Good luck!
pjblink is offline Find More Posts by pjblink
Old Jan 05, 2005, 08:59 AM
south shields. England
Joined May 2004
962 Posts
keeping the copter cool!!

Peter P
Your point is well made about motor cooling --- the standard body has very little air venting, so I propose to try the attached mod. This should push and pull bit of cooling air over the motors, battery etc, without destroying the rather nice line of the stock item. With luck, the forward vent on the shells flat underside will act as a venturi and draw out the cooling air using the rotor's downwash??

Regarding the lack of forward forward speed problems --- has anyone tried inserting some packing in the rotor hinge plates to reduce the rock, and thus de-sensitize the self stability. This sounds a dangerous route to go down!!; but it might work? Petter; your views would be much appreciated on these two suggestions please.

Happy flying

Peter
peter frostick is offline Find More Posts by peter frostick
Last edited by peter frostick; Jan 05, 2005 at 09:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 05, 2005, 09:10 AM
Steve Chambers
Frederick, MD
Joined Dec 2004
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter frostick
Peter P
Your point is well made about motor cooling --- the standard body has very little air venting, so I propose to try the attached mod.

Peter

WOW! many thanks Peter P for the great diagram you made.

-steve
atomicweb is offline Find More Posts by atomicweb
Old Jan 05, 2005, 09:29 AM
south shields. England
Joined May 2004
962 Posts
Thanks for that Steve --- Off Topic; I'd recommend anyone to get to grips with the "Paint" drawing program: it's very easy, and just about everybody has it on their computer! A picture really is often worth "a thousand words"

Cheers Peter
Last edited by peter frostick; Jan 05, 2005 at 11:29 AM.
Old Jan 05, 2005, 11:01 AM
Oslo, Norway
Joined Nov 2003
344 Posts
peter frostick
The motor cooling system seems to be a good idea. Please report any increase in performance if you try it. Your idea to put something in the rotor hinges will instantly destroy the stability - does not work, sorry.

Petter
petter is offline Find More Posts by petter
Old Jan 05, 2005, 11:20 AM
south shields. England
Joined May 2004
962 Posts
Petter
Thanks for the encouragement (and warning!) --- I'll report back after this weekend's indoor meeting on the venturi cooling idea.

Just in case we are talking at cross purposed: my proposed rotor hinge "shimming" experiment is certainly not aimed at totally removing auto-stability; just reducing it a little in the interests of forward speed. If I have the time I'll perhaps try that too; but just a tiny bit at a time!!

BR is still the best toy on the planet: I'm not at all surprised people wear them out!!!

Cheers Peter
Old Jan 05, 2005, 12:07 PM
Flap chap
Most Southern England, Brighton UK
Joined May 2004
1,934 Posts
For some reason my BL will spin counter-clockwise really fast. Full trim, reduced blade angle on top tried, but it continues to get worse. Bottom blade doesn't seem to spin as long as the top rotor with throttle idle but does it seem like my motor has had it? Definetly a drive problem, not blades.
snakeX2 is offline Find More Posts by snakeX2
Old Jan 05, 2005, 01:29 PM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,426 Posts
I've started a "ITC Bladerunner Part 3" thread as this one has now exceeded 1,000 posts. I'm closing this thread. Please make any posts in the new Part 3 thread.

Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
Closed Thread