SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Nov 06, 2004, 02:17 PM
Pittsburgh PA North ,US
Joined Mar 2002
26 Posts
QVC blade runner

I just got mine today the blue and white 27MHZ. It needed a little trim but it flys good. Im amazed how easy to get it up and for the price. I dont got tall celings so im flying in my basement just gotta watch out for the ceiling i can keep it in a nice confined area. Im probably gonna take it over my friends house he got high ceilings and get some alt. Anyways good luck I hope everyone else gets theres flying.
Chris
betax4 is offline Find More Posts by betax4
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2004, 03:16 PM
Refuge
Providence ,RI
Joined Aug 2004
69 Posts
hey guys i just bought another Bladerunner from BJ's in S.Attleboro Mass i got it home and tried to fly it before charging for the first time and this thing is way of tracking , the rotors are Wobbling Bad i can't even Maintain Lift so i'm trying to track the rotors like i have done with my others and i can't get it then i noticed the the rotors i Different SEE PICTURE they are not the same as the first ones that came out ,They are a little thicker and the Rigdes Don't go all the way Down ,also the Transmitter Doesn't have the Racheting Throttle and i Don't have Yaw Control with it i'm Trying to Figure this thing out , this is my 5th BR in about a Month i really like it but just imagine if you got this for Christmas as a10 year Old it would be trown in the Toy bin or Returned, i'm ok with Running changes and i have bought 5 i'm just getting a little frustrated ,Does anyone know about these new Rotors and how to Track them i would be Greatfull
onix212 is offline Find More Posts by onix212
Last edited by onix212; Nov 06, 2004 at 03:20 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2004, 03:40 PM
United States, MI, Rochester Hills
Joined Oct 2000
947 Posts
Brushless motors are I guess a possibility. But there are no micro sized brushless motors or controllers.... yet.

As for an umbilical cord, since the BR runs on 4V, I think it would be very difficult (if not impossible) to do a lightweight umbilical that could carry the current required to hover without introducing so much resistance that the voltage at the BR was way too low. Plus, if the umbilical added more than 8-10 grams, the motor current would be even higher than it is with the battery.

Trust me, with a Kokam 340, flight times are plenty long.
pgoelz is offline Find More Posts by pgoelz
Last edited by pgoelz; Nov 06, 2004 at 03:43 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2004, 04:17 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,067 Posts
Possible motor replacements

Radio shack just got in a shipment of 3 (M) motors for their Monstor truck Zip Zaps. While these are the smaller (M) motors, they are in three different windings. I tested them as
3.5 ohms
2.7 ohms
2 ohms

They may be too small for the BR, but the 2.7 or 3.5 could possibly be used with two 145 lipos in series. I don't have any burned BR motors, so someone else will have to do the testing.
Stan in Dodge City

P.S. I'm ticked with QVC. I ordered two of their "special BR's" 14 minutes after the special day started. I requested USPS priority which is usually 2 to 3 days. Add two processing days, and I figured on 4 to 5 days delivery. WRONG! With an order date of November 2, they show my delivery date of November 12. I called their customer service and the "rocket scientist" who answered the phone agreed that it should not take so long, but she didn't know what to do. She said that she would contact shipping, but that's all that can be done.
Swilson50 is online now Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Nov 06, 2004, 04:27 PM
Joined Sep 2004
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilson50
Radio shack just got in a shipment of 3 (M) motors for their Monstor truck Zip Zaps. While these are the smaller (M) motors, they are in three different windings. I tested them as
3.5 ohms
2.7 ohms
2 ohms

They may be too small for the BR, but the 2.7 or 3.5 could possibly be used with two 145 lipos in series. I don't have any burned BR motors, so someone else will have to do the testing.
Stan in Dodge City

P.S. I'm ticked with QVC. I ordered two of their "special BR's" 14 minutes after the special day started. I requested USPS priority which is usually 2 to 3 days. Add two processing days, and I figured on 4 to 5 days delivery. WRONG! With an order date of November 2, they show my delivery date of November 12. I called their customer service and the "rocket scientist" who answered the phone agreed that it should not take so long, but she didn't know what to do. She said that she would contact shipping, but that's all that can be done.
Hi, you should definitely ask for a refund on the shipping costs. I choose regular delivery and it was shipped 2 days after I ordered it (not here yet).

Good luck,
Ness
nessuno is offline Find More Posts by nessuno
Old Nov 06, 2004, 05:35 PM
Portland Intl, Maine, United States
Joined Oct 2002
46 Posts
onix212 - those blades are from early models. I got some of those too. I returned it for another. They seem to poorly formed and unstable. The newest blades direct from interactive toy have the ridges all the way down and the fiberglass ring is black.
thopter is offline Find More Posts by thopter
Old Nov 06, 2004, 07:23 PM
Chicago 'burbs
Joined Oct 2004
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thopter
onix212 - those blades are from early models. I got some of those too. I returned it for another. They seem to poorly formed and unstable. The newest blades direct from interactive toy have the ridges all the way down and the fiberglass ring is black.
hmmm. there must be a third flavor of rotors... i just received my 49mhz br from qvc (these are supposed to be the latest aren't they?). it has the ridges all the way down, but the ring is still white.
richh is offline Find More Posts by richh
Old Nov 06, 2004, 07:44 PM
maine
Joined Jul 2004
44 Posts
BR for sale

Hi BR Fans

My BR is sold!

Thanks
Steve Bosquette
mr b is offline Find More Posts by mr b
Last edited by mr b; Nov 06, 2004 at 10:14 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2004, 11:29 PM
Watts your motivation
San Bernardino, CA
Joined Aug 2003
6,512 Posts
How can you find our if QVC is going to have another "special day" on thes BR's? I see Sears has a price matching plus 10% policy, but would rather be able to order a blue or purple one

Thanks,
Justin
roccobro is offline Find More Posts by roccobro
Old Nov 07, 2004, 02:21 AM
Hals und Beinbruch !!!!
Joined Aug 2002
731 Posts
I found a few similar motors i bought a year ago, they are both 2.6 ohm. Will these work? If so i know a store that has tons for cheap. I have also installed a kokam 700 till my 340s come in, the all up weight with this cell is 53.3 grams. Will flight test tomorrow.
Question....would it hurt the motors to dremel some slight vertical grooves on the metal case? This would remove a little weight and act as a heat sink. Just and idea. LH
lw_hughes is offline Find More Posts by lw_hughes
Old Nov 07, 2004, 10:07 AM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,600 Posts
Prob. been asked and answered already: What is the resistance of the stock BR motor?

Damed if I can find it if it has been posted already.
Tim Wolff is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2004, 10:42 AM
Russellton, PA
Joined Oct 2002
1,023 Posts
HI Guys,

I just got back late last night from the Ohio Indoor Dome fly. The BR was a huge hit. I think I actually flew it more in our booth/pit area. It always drew a crowd. People loved it. Mine is all lightened up per the PDF files we are sharing. I also let quite a few folks try it. If someone had a truck full they could have sold them ALL right there.

In fact Schulman Aviation had 3 or 4 of them in their booth. Once I flew mine he immediate sold out and was taking orders for more. I always had a crowd around me each time I wound the BR up. Unreal how well it attacts attention. I'm also happy to say that it came home in 1 piece too. <HEHEH>

I also received my purple BR from QVC. I'm happy to say they projected a 11/10 delivery date via USPS prioriety mail and it showed up yesterday. Not in time for the trip but it's here. I flew it this morning, seems super! Little blade tweaking and it's locked in. I may remove the body on this one too but first I want to weigh it. I also did the top rotor lift mod.

LW,
In the PDF file for mods I think it is mentioned to raise the top rotor with any similar size in diameter shrinkwrap tubing. Don't heat it up to shrink it on the shaft! I move mine up with a standard piece that is in the Radio Shack variety pack. I use about 12mm of tubing. I really like having the top rotor up there since the top flying speed can be increased and the clashing is less likely.

I didn't really get to meet any of the zoners at the dome fly. I was the guy in the "red shirt" flying the naked BR. <G> Did anyone else attend? WOW, the day flew by fast!!!

Ron Osinski
aka - GMRO
GMRO is offline Find More Posts by GMRO
Last edited by GMRO; Nov 07, 2004 at 10:46 AM.
Old Nov 07, 2004, 02:57 PM
Salt Lake City, UT
Joined Sep 2003
274 Posts
Where in the US can you buy the newest version?

Thanks,
Rick
rdalcanto is offline Find More Posts by rdalcanto
Old Nov 07, 2004, 03:54 PM
Joined Sep 2004
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdalcanto
Where in the US can you buy the newest version?

Thanks,
Rick

The purple/green and white/blue ones from QVC seem to incorporate most of the latest improvements available so far for a good price (lol I sound like a lawyer or a politician trying to be careful what I say there).

They are available here:

The newer ones are item T21287
http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?...ss=&Submit4=Go

The earlier ones (which you probably don't want to order) are item T111592.

BTW, I saw your video of the XRB SR. Great video and great flying! Dang that looks like fun, definitely gonna get one of those too eventually. I'll be curious to hear your impressions of the bladerunner if you get one, obviously a totally different category from the XRB SR but both have their own formidable coolness factor.

Ness
nessuno is offline Find More Posts by nessuno
Last edited by nessuno; Nov 07, 2004 at 04:44 PM.
Old Nov 07, 2004, 05:40 PM
Refuge
Providence ,RI
Joined Aug 2004
69 Posts
Hey guys check out my 5 year old Devonte Flying one of two BR's , my 2 year old grab the Transmitter and easily brought it up to the ceiling but he does not know how to Control Yaw , i would never let my 5 year old grab the Sticks on any other heli that i have own but this BR there is nothing he could get hurt with so i Supervise the only thing he can't do is Blade Adjustment , this is a Great way to get your Kids Involved in Helis Start them Young but There alway's is a Parent Around with a little know how to get the blade Tracking down
onix212 is offline Find More Posts by onix212
Closed Thread