HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2002, 05:32 PM
Mr Mootsie
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,566 Posts
What about those damned killer dogs in San Francisco?

Has anyone else been following this at all? Some pretty strange stuff coming out of there...
tim
Tim Jonas is offline Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Old Feb 20, 2002, 05:34 PM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
certainly an "odd" couple...
lymon is offline Find More Posts by lymon
Old Feb 20, 2002, 06:08 PM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
The vet who said not to take Presa Canarios into a city was right. Same with a full blood Fila. An American Staffordshire (aka "pit bull") is just a game to either of those breeds.
Old Feb 20, 2002, 06:15 PM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
Some REALLY strange stuff. The defendants are a couple of whackos.
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo
Old Feb 20, 2002, 06:31 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,123 Posts
Yes, we've been entertained by this case here in SF for the last year or so. As you probably know, the trial was moved to LA because of all the publicity up here. Based on the posts on this thread I guess change of venue works because it seems like you guys actually haven't heard all the weird details about the case.

Neil
Neil Morse is online now Find More Posts by Neil Morse
Old Feb 20, 2002, 06:51 PM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
I heard some very twisted sexual references - the court was trying to decide if they would be admissible. Strange stuff indeed.

Pete
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo
Old Feb 20, 2002, 07:05 PM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
do you mean the bestiality, or the adoption of the inmates, or is there more?
Old Feb 20, 2002, 07:06 PM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
What wierd stuff? All I know is that their dog attacked another lady and killed her which is tragic, but is there more? I mean were they being trained to attack or something?

logan5
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Feb 20, 2002, 07:30 PM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
logan, for once, my post is not a joke
Old Feb 20, 2002, 07:34 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,379 Posts
Logan, you couldn't -imagine- the wierdness... Some very sick puppies abusing dogs. And people.
Probably worth searching the net for the news articles..
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Feb 21, 2002, 05:52 AM
Mr Mootsie
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,566 Posts
yeah, there is some unbelievably bizarre stuff going on with those folks. I guess the judge ruled that their extracurricular activities weren't pertinent.

They are lawyers, also, aren't they?
Tim Jonas is offline Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Old Feb 21, 2002, 08:53 AM
Palm City, FL
Joined Dec 2000
628 Posts
France has the right attitude about the pit bull controversy--- they've banned the breed and will eradicate them all in the next ten years.

We've had too many deaths and maulings here in Florida from them. IMHO they would not be missed.
TimOBrien is offline Find More Posts by TimOBrien
Old Feb 21, 2002, 09:07 AM
Balsa Flies Better!
Stamford, CT
Joined Oct 2000
6,716 Posts
I'm sorry, I don't agree with that last post. I don't think there are any bad breeds of dogs- just owners who deal with their animals in an irresponsible manner. If it's not Pit Bulls- it'll be the same clowns mistreating some other breed of dog which will get a killer reputation. I've met too many nice Pit Bulls to believe this nonsense. And more people get killed by reptile pets than dogs per year anyhow- and I think more are killed by bees as well.

About these two creeps- I remember reading some of the newspaper articles at the time of the incident- these two are out of Hitler's bunker. They've clearly mastered the big lie psychology- and it's not all that hidden that these folks care more about their poor mutts who got put down than their neighbor who was killed.

In terms of my take on the legal viewpoint- treat the mutt the same as a handgun. This women claims she didn't want the mutt to chomp on her neighbor- that's like saying I was just carrying around the gun and I didn't want to shoot her- it was an accident. Either way, I think you should go to jail for a nice long time.

Sam
Megowcoupe is offline Find More Posts by Megowcoupe
Old Feb 21, 2002, 09:46 AM
Almost a Pilot
NorCal
Joined Oct 2001
3,759 Posts
Yes, they are lawyers. Since I only live about 20 miles away the story has been on the front pages of all the local papers.
All the comments in this thread have described these two freaks very well. The bestiality wasn't allowed in court but was apparently discovered in pictures during a previous search.
The trial had to be moved to LA because the male defendant alienated just about everyone up here when he wrote a letter that among other nonsense, blamed the victim for the attack because she was too "mousy"!
They kept these 2 dogs, which are HUGE, in an apartment!
They had adopted a 28 year old prisoner who ran, from prison remember, a breeding business for this breed of dog. I'm sure he's really a nice guy, though. As long as you overlook his white supremacy beliefs.
This case get weirder by the day.
Mauilvr is offline Find More Posts by Mauilvr
Last edited by Mauilvr; Feb 21, 2002 at 09:56 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2002, 11:12 AM
St. Augustine, FL, USA
Joined Jun 2000
118 Posts
Yo Mego, More people get killed by reprile pets than dogs per year???...Show me the data...Unfortunately dogs cause more death and injury in one state alone than herps do nationwide. (I used to work in the health dept. and dog bite/attack tracking and quarantine was part of the job) Granted when some Moron sleeps with his 18 foot burmese and it kills him in his sleep...well that makes great press and could be considered natural selection at work. Many deaths and maimings by dogs don't get the nation wide pub as this recent one does.

Oh and I keep a sharp eye out on the 2 mean rotties down the street from me...They give me the willies, but that is based on their temprament and not their breed.

Rocky
Rocksnake2 is offline Find More Posts by Rocksnake2