HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2004, 07:11 PM
Singapore
Joined Oct 2003
108 Posts
I confirm that the CCPM mixing is in the TX of the E-sky CP. That is the reason why the simulator cable cannot work as the signal taken is after mixing. And the idle up switch can work. The 4in1 just does the tail mixing.
ronang is offline Find More Posts by ronang
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2004, 07:19 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined May 2003
5,263 Posts
hmm..interesting. So in theory you should be able to use this tx for any ccpm 120 heli ?
OzzieFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzzieFlyer
Old Nov 03, 2004, 05:36 PM
"It's a Quad" :O
Temecula
Joined Jul 2004
3,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieFlyer
Thewz...are you sure this will work ?

I "thought" the stock ESKY 3D tx was just a dumb tx and the ccpm was handled by the 4-in-1. I could be very wrong about this, but that's just what I had assumed. So if this is the case, then to go seperates you would need a proper heli capable radio for the CCPM.

The reason I ask this is that I just bought the ESKY 3D and set it up last night with seperates. It takes a lot of mucking around with servo trims, CCPM, mix percentages...etc (even with a HH Gyro) and I didn't think the stock TX could do this. Once again..just my assumption, not based on any real experience with the stock tx.

Anyway.....just curious if you knew for sure.

And Danny, it might be worth asking J-Ken or posting a question in one of the ESKY threads if this is possible. I haven't heard of it being done yet, which doesn't mean it can't be done of course...just want you to be sure before spending big $$.
Hmmm.....I guess it could be a lie but it is advertised as "New ESKY 6 Channel FM CCPM Transmitter.". I could be wrong, retailers have lied before so this could be a simple dumb 4 channel Tx.

http://www.xmseller.com/html/esky6channel.html
thewz is offline Find More Posts by thewz
Old Nov 03, 2004, 05:48 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined May 2003
5,263 Posts
yeah..based on what they "say" you're right, it should work, but having seen pics of it, i'm just a bit skeptical. If it does work, it might be a real buggar to fly with as you wouldn't have many of the features you would need to trim a CP heli properly. ie endpoint adjustments, subtrims, pitch curves and mixing...etc.

Would like to know if anyones done it yet.

FYI and OT, I just bought an ESKY 3D (running seperates) and so far am impressed with the build and simplicity of it. Much cheaper and easier to setup than the Hornet 2. I am yet to fly it though which is the real test. Hopefully i'll have it finished and tested tonight
Old Nov 03, 2004, 05:54 PM
Temecula
Joined Jul 2004
3,179 Posts
Quote:
yeah..based on what they "say" you're right, it should work, but having seen pics of it, i'm just a bit skeptical. If it does work, it might be a real buggar to fly with as you wouldn't have many of the features you would need to trim a CP heli properly. ie endpoint adjustments, subtrims, pitch curves and mixing...etc.

Would like to know if anyones done it yet.

FYI and OT, I just bought an ESKY 3D (running seperates) and so far am impressed with the build and simplicity of it. Much cheaper and easier to setup than the Hornet 2. I am yet to fly it though which is the real test. Hopefully i'll have it finished and tested tonight
A lot of money to spend on a little CP ship if all you wanted was the chassis. Couldn't you get a CP ship from GWS for ~$80 US?

What happened to your H2?
Old Nov 03, 2004, 07:14 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined May 2003
5,263 Posts
not expensive at all. $69US+ shipping for the basic kit (excluding motors, electronics tx..etc)

I still have my H2 and love it, but it's so expensive to repair when I crash that I fly like a girl every time I take her out. Too scared to do anything but basic manouvers. At that rate, I'd never have the nerve to try loops, rolls and inverted. I'm too scared to even nose in with my H2. My last crash in my H2 cost more than a new ESKY !

So I wanted a cheap CP to replace my FP Dragonfly. Hopefully this is it. something I can fly without fear, but still have the benefits of CP.
Old Nov 03, 2004, 07:36 PM
Westchester County, NY, USA
Joined Jun 2000
2,443 Posts
Ozzie, Yes let us know what you think of it's flying capabilities. I'm waiting for my separates from Aeromicro, and am having second thoughts on whether I should just go with a FP Esky, and put the CP aside till I know what I'm doing. I think I got in over my head starting with the CP Esky.
I probably should put it aside while it's still in one piece.
Danny Troy is offline Find More Posts by Danny Troy
Old Nov 04, 2004, 10:13 AM
Temecula
Joined Jul 2004
3,179 Posts
Quote:
not expensive at all. $69US+ shipping for the basic kit (excluding motors, electronics tx..etc)
Oh.........cool. I thought you had purchased the RTF version and stripped everything off and tossed the Tx...I didn't know that they had a barebones version...might have to look into one too...

Where did you get the barebones one?
Old Nov 04, 2004, 04:13 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined May 2003
5,263 Posts
naah...that would have been expensive. I got the bare bones kit from www.heli-fever.com PM J-Ken for more info and a code for the special offer..if it's still available that is (includes b in s and DD tail mount).

Keep in mind it is a KIT, so it comes in bits and you have to build it. (I didn't realise this at the time). Not that it's a bad thing, it's always good to build your own heli so you know how it works...just keep it in mind.

I ran out of time last night to properly test it, plus it was raining and I had forgotten to reprogram the CC10 from the FP config it was using. All i can say is that with the razor2500 i put in it and a 13t pinion. The headspeed was unbelievable. Faster than my H2. I will need to bring it down just a tad. No vibration or wobbles either, so it's looking very very promising. Hopefully will get her airborne tonight