Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 31, 2004, 12:21 PM
CO of The Flying Circus
wind and rain,Oregon
Joined Jul 2002
1,519 Posts
Question
Is Pica still in business and is their 1/5th scale P-40 still available?

I am looking for a Pica 1/5th scale P-40 to build and cannot find any companies that still stock Pica kits . Anyone know what is going on with Pica or if there are any of the big P-40 kits still available anywhere?

Thanks, TBM
The Blue Max is offline Find More Posts by The Blue Max
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2004, 04:57 PM
Joined Nov 2004
2 Posts
I have a 1/6 scale cessna from Pica. Beautiful bird too might i add except for the windsheild is busted and i want a new cowel for it. (ABS cowels suck)
I tried to contact pica and many suppliers to no avail. They claim to be moving but i am on the conclution that they are out of buisness. You cant tell me a move takes more than a year!
Sorry pal, your kinda in the same boat as me and sadly its name is Pica.
reddeerflyer is offline Find More Posts by reddeerflyer
Old Nov 05, 2004, 09:50 AM
CO of The Flying Circus
wind and rain,Oregon
Joined Jul 2002
1,519 Posts
I already found a 1/5th Pica P-40 at Sheldons for $204.00. Not bad for such a large kit! But I, like red, also believe that something besides moving is happening at Pica. Maybe they are retooling and sharpening all of their dies, or better yet, maybe they are going to laser cutting their kits! Maybe they are designing new kits! I wouldn't count them out just yet though red, they have been around for a LONG time and hopefully they can return from whatever caused them to have to close their doors.
The Blue Max is offline Find More Posts by The Blue Max
Old Nov 18, 2004, 11:26 PM
Deadstick
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Nov 2004
78 Posts
I built a Pica Waco last year, and got it straight from the factory, but the kit was like a 30 year old design. I find it hard to belive some of the construction methods they want to follow. I "upgraded" some areas of the build. It sure flies sweet. I have not tried to call them, so I can not talk to the condition of the company. But if it don't evolve, it dies.
JeffEE is online now Find More Posts by JeffEE
Old Dec 09, 2004, 01:11 AM
Texas
Joined Nov 2004
12 Posts
pica corsairs

I have flown a 1/12 scale pica corsair with a .46 os on it very fast and a great plane once i strenghtened the tail section. it got shot down a few months ago by someone flying close to our field. I have rebuilt it and am ready to put the gear in.

I'll post some pictures later this month.

Jaxs
jaxs is offline Find More Posts by jaxs