SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 19, 2002, 09:58 PM
-Flight enthusiast_
Lake Louise, AB, Canada
Joined Feb 2000
3,567 Posts
Kontronik's great customer service!

Motormike was participating in a discussion on how to set up the SMILE controller and how the instructions might be improved, so while he was "in the room", on Feb. 1, I asked him:

"Mike, would you happen to know the size of the two bearings in the 600-18 motor? Mine arrived with the shield dented in against the bearings, preventing them from turning and having the motor shaft turn inside the bearing instead. I fixed it before the first flight, but the bearing is more open to the elements now. I would like to replace it before it fails."

To which he replied:

"Normally you can throw the original package on the floor and the motor got not be damaged. Do you
know how that happened?

Mail me your adress
mike@kontronik.com"

My intent was to order the bearings from BOCA, but...

Today an envelope arrived from Kontonik and enclosed were both end bells with bearings installed!

Thanks!

Glen
gpeden is offline Find More Posts by gpeden
Last edited by gpeden; Feb 19, 2002 at 10:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2002, 10:06 PM
Elder Freak
Dallas Intl, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2001
444 Posts
Way to go Glen! Good job Mike @ Kontronic!

Okay, since the motor isn't that much different... Looks like I'm buying the Kontronic - Kontronic combo instead of the Hacker/Schulze for the Logo 10!

Customer service rocks!
Chad
Phoenix-IT is offline Find More Posts by Phoenix-IT