SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 29, 2004, 09:01 PM
orlando fl
Joined Oct 2000
5,714 Posts
super swift E (aka Micro bandit) on 400 watts

got out to the field today and decided to try something new, so popped in a 6s 1550 tanic pack instead of the normal 5s pack on the SSE. The motor is a hacker B2018L and the fan is a mutt, 55mm vasa rotor cut down to 50mm installed in a wemo micro shroud. 5s is around 240-260 watts, the 6s went up to around 400 watts. Did fly faster (seemed to anyway did not have a way to measure) esp after a down line then fast low pass, but not a tremenduous increase, maybe 10%. My guess is I am beyond the peak eff of the motor and the duct work is holding me back. Plus of course drag makes it harder to go faster. So in the never ending quest for speed I plan to go back to the 55mm rotor, clean up the ducts (radious the splitter/duct joint, better intake lips) to reduce turbulence, try some new lighter rx gear, and maybe thin the wing some (still need to leave thickness for the retracts). Intrestingly I also tried it on 4s did not take a power reading but had a nice long low intensity flight, about the same speed as the orig Micro bandit with the 55mm vasa on the razor 350 and 3s lipo. The 4s pack makes no sense as the hacker and the heat sink is overkill, but it is a nice way to mellow out and have a nice lonnng flight. I think my biggest gains will have to come from the wing at this point, due to the drag.
dave morris is offline Find More Posts by dave morris
to remove ads between posts