Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Oct 29, 2004, 07:21 PM
Suspended Account
USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,340 Posts
Alert
Slo-V over Slow Stick..........who shall win the hall-of-fame BEFORE christmas???

Slo-V, or Slow Stick???

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE!!!!

end date is Christmas, 2004.
Spencer J is offline Find More Posts by Spencer J
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2004, 07:35 PM
DON'T KILL THE MESSENGER!
Washington DC
Joined Sep 2004
523 Posts
Spencer J great Idea!
NCQ3 is offline Find More Posts by NCQ3
Old Oct 29, 2004, 07:37 PM
Suspended Account
USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCQ3
Spencer J great Idea!
I don't think MANY people have exsperenced the Slo-V enough.............
Old Oct 29, 2004, 07:55 PM
DON'T KILL THE MESSENGER!
Washington DC
Joined Sep 2004
523 Posts
Spencer J you can always have another poll after xmas too to see if its changed. BUT DOUBT IT WILL CHANGE I bought a slo V Fuse and Vtail for my Slow Stick, The Fuse looks cool on my slow stick! But didnt like the v tail as I dont think it will fly well when I add my nikon 3700 , so I didnt bother puting it on. I read somewhere, why mess with success, I think they are right!
NCQ3 is offline Find More Posts by NCQ3
Last edited by NCQ3; Oct 29, 2004 at 08:13 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 08:55 PM
Cal
San Gabriel, California
Joined Aug 2004
1,583 Posts
They're both great planes, Spence. I can't vote. They each fill a niche in the marketplace..........

They both have their particular strengths and weakness, but more importantly, their flight characteristics are almost identical............

One truly, is no better than the other..............regardless what NCQ3 would like us to believe..............
Cal is offline Find More Posts by Cal
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:00 PM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,255 Posts
Does the slow V cost $35? Does almost every LHS carry replacement parts?
It may fly as well but IMHO the SS gets my money every time...
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:13 PM
ooops
Dekalb,Illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,452 Posts
Spencer seems to be the king of polls
StCalvin is offline Find More Posts by StCalvin
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:14 PM
Suspended Account
USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal
They're both great planes, Spence. I can't vote. They each fill a niche in the marketplace..........

They both have their particular strengths and weakness, but more importantly, their flight characteristics are almost identical............

One truly, is no better than the other..............regardless what NCQ3 would like us to believe..............
I would just to see what people would like..................................

I think the Slo-V isn't old enough for this kinda of thing.................but it's still intresting to see what people say...............

I'm going to do it again in the Spring. Compare and contrast.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:47 PM
Rat
Come get me if you can
Rats nest Grafton ND
Joined Aug 2004
2,249 Posts
Well everyone should know how I voted. I just feel that you could not find a better total begineer kit Then the Slo V for the money. My hobby store has a whole wall of parts for the ParkZone and HobbyZone planes. I have learned a very important thing about RC flying. If you have spare parts in your field box then you will not need them so as to date I have a spare Cub wing, gear box,prop shaft, tail section, props and fuse. Slo V I have a spare gear box, prop shaft, prop, fuse, tail section, wing and landing gear. Stryker--- I only have a spare prop for now not only glue is needed for everything else. I also have a spare RX for the SV and Stryker and a spare RX for the cub. Also have three spare servos, three peak chargers, packing tape, strapping tape, super glue, CA, Probond ultimate glue, batteries for the transmitters and anything else that I might need in the field.
Rat is offline Find More Posts by Rat
Old Oct 30, 2004, 12:35 AM
Pro Bro #1442
Detroit City, Michigan, United States
Joined Oct 2003
520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdee14
Does the slow V cost $35? Does almost every LHS carry replacement parts?
It may fly as well but IMHO the SS gets my money every time...
The Slow Stick after all the parts cost's at minimum $120, and that is with bare bones junk equipment. And no, not all hobby stores carry parts for it, in fact a large percent of them don't. But, on the other hand, just about any hobby store that carry's plane, carry's Park-zone Planes and the parts for them.

On the other hand, I think the Slow Stick will win just because of the SS Extremist's on this board who are unwilling to accept that maybe, just maybe, the Slow Stick's time as the bast trainer on the market has come and gone.

Sorry if I upset any one by that comment, but it is what I believe.
W'rkncacnter is offline Find More Posts by W'rkncacnter
Old Oct 30, 2004, 01:02 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,300 Posts
Something tells me it's gonna be a landslide.
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Oct 30, 2004, 09:05 AM
6 planes 2 jets 2 helis
United States, MA, Charlton
Joined Sep 2002
865 Posts
SS this was not my first plane, mabey up near 10th. I just wanted one and had all the extra equip laying around.

The slo V woulden't buy it because of the waste of money on the (somewhat) Non re-usable equip.
Pacoson71 is offline Find More Posts by Pacoson71
Old Oct 30, 2004, 09:42 AM
Gotta have more cowbell!!
Clawson, MI USA
Joined Sep 2002
2,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacoson71
SS this was not my first plane, mabey up near 10th. I just wanted one and had all the extra equip laying around.

The slo V woulden't buy it because of the waste of money on the (somewhat) Non re-usable equip.

I did the same thing, and feel the same way.

Quote:
On the other hand, I think the Slow Stick will win just because of the SS Extremist's on this board who are unwilling to accept that maybe, just maybe, the Slow Stick's time as the bast trainer on the market has come and gone

I do favor the SS, but I've never felt it was the best trainer. For that I believe the honor goes to either the GWS Cub or Tiger Moth. I've got the Cub and it IS slower than my SS. And I believe the TM is slower still. Plus they are lighter so... slow + light = easy to control, long flight times, minimal crash damage (low inertia) Sounds like a great trainer to me. It's what I learned on.

Mike
MTwallet is offline Find More Posts by MTwallet
Old Oct 30, 2004, 09:50 AM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
I don't think a lot of people vote for the slow stick as a good trainer but more as the perfect plane for lifting stuff (IE: dropbox, camera, etc...) But it also flys around nicely with nothin on it. I have a friend trying to learn on it and he is doing OK. I think the tigermoth would've been better though. I personally don't like the slow-v because you can't really upgrade it or pick out the right gear for it. With the slow stick, being so versatile, you can stick most any left over gear on it and still have it fly good.

Thats my 2 cents
(worth about 0.0002 cents american )
Kyle G. is offline Find More Posts by Kyle G.
Old Oct 30, 2004, 10:25 AM
Cal
San Gabriel, California
Joined Aug 2004
1,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdee14
Does the slow V cost $35?
No, the Slow-V costs 140.00.........but.............

It comes with everything that the Slow-Stick comes with....plus...

Receiver/ESC
Servos
Flight Batteries
Transmitter Batteries
Transmitter
and Peak Charger

Plus........you don't have to buy:
Epoxy
Hobby Knife
Blades
Drill Bits
Sandpaper
or any other building paraphenalia.........

So......the total outlay in cost in the Slow-V is LESS than the Slow-Stick......

So........back to your original question. Does the Slow-V cost 35.00? No......but so what????

For someone that's been in the hobby for awhile and has spare equipment laying around including building supplies, transmitter, charger and associated electronics, the Slow-Stick would be the better deal.................But there are beginners here guys who have none of this stuff............
Cal is offline Find More Posts by Cal
Last edited by Cal; Oct 30, 2004 at 10:29 AM.
Closed Thread