SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 28, 2004, 05:36 PM
Suspended Account
USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,340 Posts
Alert
VOTE NOW!!! T-Hawk vs. Aerobird Challenger

VOTE:

T-Hawk, or Aerobird Challenger.

T-Hawk:

P-Factor

Landing gear too Flexiable.

Heaver then ABC-YET SMALLER!!!! x2

No-X-Port

No-Multi-Mode x3 (Makes it easer to fly, and more Aerobatic)

Not as Aerobatic. (Stock)

Aerobird Challenger:

Not as many Spares.

Not as many batterys. x2

So take your pick. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Be sure to stat if you've flowen ither and/or bolth.
Spencer J is offline Find More Posts by Spencer J
Last edited by ehobby-RC; Oct 28, 2004 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2004, 05:57 PM
Elfi Flyer
Doug Sipprell's Avatar
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,554 Posts
Now you know the REST of the story......

T-Hawk, or Aerobird Challenger.

T-Hawk: P-Factor? Not really a factor as both planes are pusher models.
I think the P-factor favors the T-Hawk, with P=power and
professionalism.

Landing gear too Flexiable. No need for a landing gear, the
T-Hawk allows you to learn how to land very smoothly, such as
needed with high performance racers, sailplanes. Good educational
value here.

Heaver then ABC-YET SMALLER!!!! x2 - extra weight provides
better penetration, more stable flying in windy conditions.

No-X-Port: Who needs it. You are supposedly learning how to
fly with these planes, skills for aerobatic or combat flying will come
later in due time. T-Hawk allows you to focus on your prime goal,
learning how to fly.

No-Multi-Mode x3 (Makes it easer to fly, and more Aerobatic): Here
again you do not need nor should you become dependent on the
"crutch system" that minimizes control input from the flyer. If you
want a plane that flies itself, go watch a video, or use a simulator.

Not as Aerobatic. (Stock): Purpose of the T-Hawk design is to
teach the basics, not aerobatics. Even then, with some slight
modifications, the T-Hawk can become amazingly nimble.

Aerobird Challenger:

Not as many Spares: If ever there was a plane that needed them,
the Airhead Salamander is it. Included spares with the T-Hawk
are part of the value of a complete T-Hawk kit.

Not as many batterys. x2: The T-Hawk kit comes with 3 packs if
I recall correctly and you have a choice of 600 or 900 mAh.
Nice to have a choice.

The answer is clear, a no-brainer..... the T-Hawk rocks!

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Doug Sipprell; Oct 28, 2004 at 05:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 06:02 PM
Suspended Account
USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell
T-Hawk, or Aerobird Challenger.

T-Hawk: P-Factor? Not really a factor as both planes are pusher models.
I think the P-factor favors the T-Hawk, with P=power and
professionalism.

Landing gear too Flexiable. No need for a landing gear, the
T-Hawk allows you to learn how to land very smoothly, such as
needed with high performance racers, sailplanes. Good educational
value here.

Heaver then ABC-YET SMALLER!!!! x2 - extra weight provides
better penetration, more stable flying in windy conditions.

No-X-Port: Who needs it. You are supposedly learning how to
fly with these planes, skills for aerobatic or combat flying will come
later in due time. T-Hawk allows you to focus on your prime goal,
learning how to fly.

No-Multi-Mode x3 (Makes it easer to fly, and more Aerobatic): Here
again you do not need nor should you become dependent on the
"crutch system" that minimizes control input from the flyer. If you
want a plane that flies itself, go watch a video, or use a simulator.

Not as Aerobatic. (Stock): Purpose of the T-Hawk design is to
teach the basics, not aerobatics. Even then, with some slight
modifications, the T-Hawk can become amazingly nimble.

Aerobird Challenger:

Not as many Spares: If ever there was a plane that needed them,
the Airhead Salamander is it. Included spares with the T-Hawk
are part of the value of a complete T-Hawk kit.

Not as many batterys. x2: The T-Hawk kit comes with 3 packs if
I recall correctly and you have a choice of 600 or 900 mAh.
Nice to have a choice.

The answer is clear, a no-brainer..... the T-Hawk rocks!

RD
You did it again!!!!

Multi-Mode is so you can do Aerobatics. IT'S MORE FLEXIBLE!!!!

You CAN fly the ABC with or without the landing gear. It has a wider range on that, too!

Better RX and TX, hate to say.

Why is the T-Hawk so odd-looking? Not a bigge or anything...............
Spencer J is offline Find More Posts by Spencer J
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 06:03 PM
Suspended Account
USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,340 Posts
>>update<<

T-Hawk: 1

Aerobird Challenger: 1
Spencer J is offline Find More Posts by Spencer J
Last edited by ehobby-RC; Oct 28, 2004 at 06:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 06:07 PM
Suspended Account
USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell
T-Hawk, or Aerobird Challenger.

T-Hawk: P-Factor? Not really a factor as both planes are pusher models.
I think the P-factor favors the T-Hawk, with P=power and
professionalism.

Landing gear too Flexiable. No need for a landing gear, the
T-Hawk allows you to learn how to land very smoothly, such as
needed with high performance racers, sailplanes. Good educational
value here.

Heaver then ABC-YET SMALLER!!!! x2 - extra weight provides
better penetration, more stable flying in windy conditions.

No-X-Port: Who needs it. You are supposedly learning how to
fly with these planes, skills for aerobatic or combat flying will come
later in due time. T-Hawk allows you to focus on your prime goal,
learning how to fly.

No-Multi-Mode x3 (Makes it easer to fly, and more Aerobatic): Here
again you do not need nor should you become dependent on the
"crutch system" that minimizes control input from the flyer. If you
want a plane that flies itself, go watch a video, or use a simulator.

Not as Aerobatic. (Stock): Purpose of the T-Hawk design is to
teach the basics, not aerobatics. Even then, with some slight
modifications, the T-Hawk can become amazingly nimble.

Aerobird Challenger:

Not as many Spares: If ever there was a plane that needed them,
the Airhead Salamander is it. Included spares with the T-Hawk
are part of the value of a complete T-Hawk kit.

Not as many batterys. x2: The T-Hawk kit comes with 3 packs if
I recall correctly and you have a choice of 600 or 900 mAh.
Nice to have a choice.

The answer is clear, a no-brainer..... the T-Hawk rocks!

RD
The P-Factor is big-and the Challenger will takeoff quicker IF the t-Hawk has the Challenger's landing gear.

The Challenger is just as stable if not more.

An oz. isn't going to do you any good when it comes to 20MPH gusts let alone 15 MPH. BUT IT WILL HURT YOUR PERFORMANCE!!!!!
Spencer J is offline Find More Posts by Spencer J
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 06:14 PM
Registered User
NY, NY
Joined Jul 2004
514 Posts
Haven't flown the T-hawk yet but I love my challenger and my ABX, although that one's in the ummm...shop now, yeah, that's it....stupid concrete parking lot....

Only lame part about the ABC is the flimsy wing, but that's taken care of easily enough. Love that plane. Have had more fun flying that than I thought I would by far.
Tomcat Fan is offline Find More Posts by Tomcat Fan
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 06:16 PM
Suspended Account
USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat Fan
Haven't flown the T-hawk yet but I love my challenger and my ABX, although that one's in the ummm...shop now, yeah, that's it....stupid concrete parking lot....

Only lame part about the ABC is the flimsy wing, but that's taken care of easily enough. Love that plane. Have had more fun flying that than I thought I would by far.
I think the wing is fine. Take it you vote Aero Challenger.

>>>>The artcle Michael Heer wrote is great, but the plane is horable.
I have one and I had to give it a bost to take off because of its paperclip landing gear, had to tape the canopy shut because it always would pop open, and worst of all, the exposed servos poped out of there tray!

This is not a good plane and I only want to recommened it to those who want to be ripped, fustrated and angry. Bad, bad, bad, bad plane. BUT-a great artcle.<<<<

-Steve Mur
Spencer J is offline Find More Posts by Spencer J
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 06:17 PM
Suspended Account
USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,340 Posts
>>UPDATE<<

T-Hawk: 1

Aerobird Challenger: 2



It just showes you..............
Spencer J is offline Find More Posts by Spencer J
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 06:26 PM
Elfi Flyer
Doug Sipprell's Avatar
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,554 Posts
Context please....

Mr. Mur's comments, I believe, were made based on his experience with an earlier verison of the T-Hawk, possibly the XT3 or something. Latest edition of the T-Hawk, which has been out for some time now, is vastly improved over what Mr. Mur has described. I must admit, I have only worked with the more recent version of the T-Hawk. I just see a lot of people struggling with V-tail design "trainers" and most, if not all, will come over to me after having seen my T-Hawk go thru its paces, and ask why it flies so well, where can I get one, etc.


>>"Why is the T-Hawk so odd-looking? "<<

Probably because it is going by so fast and sleek, you can't get a full mental picture of it!

I think what you might be needing is as model blimp!!!

Rock on, T-Hawks!

Eat my turbulence, Air Head Salamanders!!!

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 08:27 PM
Registered User
Vermont
Joined Dec 2003
93 Posts
Love my T Hawk!!

T-Hawk is a better value. You can purchase it minus the receiver and transmitter and install your own receiver. The servos and ESC are Hitec compatible--no cheap circuit board which is useless in any other plane. Plus it comes with 2 wings, 2 batteries and other extras!! The T hawk flies great and very forgiving during "rough" landings!!!!!!
Geore J is offline Find More Posts by Geore J
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 08:42 PM
Elfi Flyer
Doug Sipprell's Avatar
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,554 Posts
Update!!

T-Hawk: 2-1/2

Airhead Salamander: 1-1/4

PS: Good point about being able to order the T-Hawk w/o receiver and transmitter. Allows established fliers to modify the plane to fit their existing electrical equipment. Yes, servos and ESC are not only of good quality, they are compatible with other equipment such as Hitec and Futaba.

Why would an "established" flier be interested in the T-Hawk? Because it is a good plane, capable of meeting the needs of a new flier and providing the enjoyment of a "toss anywhere, fly anytime" airplane to experienced fliers.

Rock ON, T-Hawk!


RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:48 PM
Suspended Account
USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geore J
T-Hawk is a better value. You can purchase it minus the receiver and transmitter and install your own receiver. The servos and ESC are Hitec compatible--no cheap circuit board which is useless in any other plane. Plus it comes with 2 wings, 2 batteries and other extras!! The T hawk flies great and very forgiving during "rough" landings!!!!!!
That pic is from?

www.readytoflyfun.com

I'M doing the updating thank you very much
Spencer J is offline Find More Posts by Spencer J
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:51 PM
Suspended Account
USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,340 Posts
>>UPDATE<<

Aerobird Challenger: 3

T-Hawk: 2




ABC: Steve, Tomcat, me.

T-H: Doug, Gorage
Spencer J is offline Find More Posts by Spencer J
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 11:39 PM
Elfi Flyer
Doug Sipprell's Avatar
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,554 Posts
Mathmatically Speaking.....

>>" >>UPDATE<<
Aerobird Challenger: 3

T-Hawk: 2 "<<

The Challanger is only half the plane that the T-Hawk is, therefore the score needs to be corrected.

Challanger/2 = 3/2 = 1.50

Thus the score: Airhead Salamander 1-1/2
T-Hawk 2-1/2



RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 11:50 PM
Suspended Account
USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell
>>" >>UPDATE<<
Aerobird Challenger: 3

T-Hawk: 2 "<<

The Challanger is only half the plane that the T-Hawk is, therefore the score needs to be corrected.

Challanger/2 = 3/2 = 1.50

Thus the score: Airhead Salamander 1-1/2
T-Hawk 2-1/2



RD
Ahh...uhh.....
Spencer J is offline Find More Posts by Spencer J
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which came first T-Hawk or Aerobird Challenger? Which do you like better? Smokescreen38 Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 7 Oct 26, 2005 03:13 PM
T-Hawk or Aerobird Challenger? Dr Niceguy Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 19 Apr 14, 2005 02:24 AM
Alert VOTE NOW!! T-Hawk vs. Aerobird Challenger Spencer J Parkflyers 8 Nov 14, 2004 11:57 PM
FS- Swallow 3ch RTF + extras! Like T-Hawk, Firebird, Aerobird, but with R/E webnetxpress Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 12 Jan 22, 2003 01:45 PM