SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 19, 2002, 03:47 AM
San jose, CA
Joined Jun 2000
426 Posts
Has anybody had any experience with Hobby Club?

They have quite a few interesting items on their site. I know this is an electric power forum, but some of their more exotic I.C. engines should make any modeler drool! They do of course sell a decent selection of sailplane and electric oriented items too, some I've not seen elsewhere. But I've never heard of anyone's buying experiences with them. A search of E-Zone, and several other bbd's, returned no results. They've been around a while, but from their exception in the rumor mills, it's almost as if they don't exist! Anyone?

Rick
tempest411 is offline Find More Posts by tempest411
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2002, 03:54 PM
Fixed Wing Fanatic
United States, TX, McKinney
Joined Jul 2001
2,344 Posts
I bought a Herr kit from them. They had the cheapest price on the net. I also got a geared motor similar to what GWS sells, but better quality at a reasonable price. Gentleman on the phone helped a lot with my 50 questions. Shipping was prompt.
Jim Walker is offline Find More Posts by Jim Walker
Old Feb 19, 2002, 05:19 PM
All Hail Brak!
United States, NC, Fuquay-Varina
Joined Mar 1999
80 Posts
I purchased both my SoarStar and my TwinStar from them. If the wife every lets me have any more funds, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

Rick
RickTatem is offline Find More Posts by RickTatem
Old Feb 20, 2002, 12:49 PM
(Batteries not included.)
Mesa AZ
Joined Jun 2001
655 Posts
I have always received excellent service from Alberto. I would not hesitate to order from Hobby Club.

Dave Wenzlick
Mesa AZ
Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft is offline Find More Posts by Dave Wenzlick / Slickraft
Old Feb 20, 2002, 06:02 PM
Col.Hooligan Air Force
Phoenix,Arizona
Joined Jul 2001
1,205 Posts
Hobby Club 5 Star Rating

Hobby Club Gets Five Stars from me.....
A first class dealer... gives reliable shipping dates & bills when they ship.
Joe
uncljoe is offline Find More Posts by uncljoe
Old Feb 21, 2002, 02:50 AM
San jose, CA
Joined Jun 2000
426 Posts
Hey, great, lots of good comments! I guess it makes sense-you mosty hear about companies when things go wrong, not when they are consistently good. Thank you for your recommendations!

Rick
tempest411 is offline Find More Posts by tempest411
Old Feb 21, 2002, 10:06 AM
Spain
Joined Feb 2002
22 Posts
Hobby Club Service

I have three orders with Hobby Club which were handled politely and efficiently. Only problem is that shipping (I asked for the quickest) can take time to get to Europe. My orders were 21 Jan 2002 and so far I'm still waiting. This is no doubt not the fault of the supplier but rather the postal services. I guess you pays your money and takes your choice!
shy-talk is offline Find More Posts by shy-talk