SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 16, 2005, 07:04 PM
shawnee, ks
Joined Apr 2004
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmitchell
Guys dont take this wrong but is it really worth nearly 100 bucks for an airplane that you feel it necessary to make better wings tail etc. For 100 bucks I can build anout 4 glass and carbon fuselages and still have molds left over for more.
depends on how much you like to build....

i didnt make any mods to mine and it its probably better than anything i could build -- especially since i dont make my own fiberglass fuselages.

its not a great plane, but its fun and im pleased with it. i second early comments about it being a little hard to turn. im going to have to set the rudder control rod to maximum effect. i'll try to put some video of it up tomorrow.

also i thought it was cheaper than 100.... yeah, its only 50 bucks but shipping is 25 keeping in mind it really did come from china. in fact, the biggest drawback was it took 3 weeks to arrive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V

i'd pay 75 for it again (i just paid 95 for my arf mini-funtana)

ron
rc_ron is offline Find More Posts by rc_ron
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2005, 01:48 PM
Opus
Quincy,Florida
Joined Dec 2002
427 Posts
I like the looks of the sailplane. I dont like paying half the cost for shipping and I just cant trust internet purchases. I would be afraid it would be lost or damaged with no recourse.

I dont even order from Tower untill I have 100 dollars worth to order. I just cant see paying 7.50 for shipping a 7.00 order.

If you dont think they are making a profit off their shipping charges sell somthing on ebay and all you will pay UPS is about 3.00 unless the weight is way up there.
mhmitchell is offline Find More Posts by mhmitchell