|Feb 18, 2002, 10:24 PM|
Radical Edge Motor Mods
I started this in another thread, but I thought I would open another.
I got the motor mods finished and mounted in the plane. The modifications reduced the weight of the plane from 10.20 down to 10.12 oz (on 8 cells). Not too bad for a little work.
I have not got to fly it yet because of the winds lately. Maybe tomorrow.
The modifications I did were:
- Installed ball bearings in the motor front and rear
- Turned down the prop shaft between the bearings from .115" down to .075"
- Removed the steel clips that hold the magnets in, and CA'd the magnets to the can
- Added a hole in the can to allow the commutator to be cleaned
- Removed extra material from the brass tube
- Removed the extra length from the prop shaft
- Put holes in the plastic gear
Hopefully, I will pick up a little more power from the bearings.
Here is a picture of the installed motor:
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Radical Edge 540 Motor ?||Mattdv||Parkflyers||4||Sep 04, 2003 04:48 PM|
|black diamond motor from my radical edge 540||ishu4u||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||2||Apr 10, 2003 02:59 PM|
|Radical edge 540 motor?||zagi_flyer||Sport Planes||2||Dec 10, 2002 07:22 PM|
|What motor now in my Radical Edge 540||Parkflyer||Sport Planes||29||Oct 20, 2002 11:59 PM|
|Motor for Radical Edge 540||Petefoss||Sport Planes||1||Feb 04, 2002 11:42 AM|