HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2002, 09:55 PM
jlk
Lifetime Beginner
Chicago & Tucson
Joined Sep 2001
638 Posts
Any R/C fliers from the Netherlands?

I am going to be in Amsterdam and travel to several other cities in the Netherlands next month. Are there any ezoners that live in that area? I would like to visit a flying site (electric or gas) and some hobby shops while I am there to see what flying is like over there.

Jordan
jlk is offline Find More Posts by jlk
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2002, 03:28 AM
Turbines suck ;-)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Mar 2000
1,636 Posts
Holland

I lived in Holland and flew at a club in Lelystad (+-25 miles east of Amsterdam) - nice big wheat fields on 3 sides (hell to find a lost plane though). There are a lot of clubs and lots of hobby shops but most of the shops are not huge - depends where you are going to be!! Hopefully some Dutch guys will contact you - they are a friendly bunch!

Good luck

Rory
rorywquin is offline Find More Posts by rorywquin
Old Feb 19, 2002, 04:14 AM
Pylon freak
Rijnsburg,the Netherlands
Joined Jun 2000
376 Posts
Hi there,

I live in Holland near the city Leiden. I fly at a naval airforce base so taking a look at the place where I fly will be a bit difficult.
I don't know a lot of hobbyshops but you can take a look at http://start.modelvliegen.com/
But I'm afraid it's in Dutch. Look at "Modelvliegwinkels" for hobbyshops in Holland.

Clubs can be found at http://www.airtoi.com/
It's a bit difficult to navigate on this site but i'll try to explain.
-Click on "Clubs" (top bar)
-Click on "NL + B" (Holland + Belgium) in the left menu bar

Now you can do a search for clubs. You can select a part of Holland where to search at the "provincie" pulldown menu. Leave the text "allemaal" in the "clubnaam" menu.

- Now click "start zoeken" et voila. A number of clubs will appear.

Good luck and enjoy your stay in Holland,

Paul Ravensbergen
Paulus is offline Find More Posts by Paulus
Old Feb 19, 2002, 04:16 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
near Nijmegen, Netherlands
Joined Feb 2001
10,162 Posts
Hi Jordan,

Here you'll find another list of clubs, these clubs are member of the KNVvL (Royal Dutch Aeronautical Society):
www.modelvliegsport.nl
Click 'clubs' for a list or 'kaart' (Engl. chart/map). Hover the pointer over the map and you'll see a club location. Information on that club in frame at bottom of page.

There's an RC flying club near Schiphol. I stumbled across it last summer.
Go on the A4, direction 'Den Haag', take exit 'Hoofddorp/Aalsmeer'. Turn right at end of exit, onto the N201, direction 'Aalsmeer'. At the next (non A4 related) traffic lights turn right, direction 'Rijsenhout'. After about 500 meters you'll see a little abandoned house (concrete slabs) on the right and then a farm. The airfield is behind the farm. Schiphol control tower knows about this location, and has no objections. I think it's a disaster waiting to happen, it's too close to the A4 and Schiphol for my taste..

You'll found maps depicting the route to my club Cumulus (near Nijmegen) at http://home.hetnet.nl/~ronvans/.
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
Last edited by Ron van Sommeren; Feb 19, 2002 at 04:18 PM.