HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2004, 11:39 AM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbalanced prop
Oh, jeez. Not that stupid "assualt weapons ban" that really means nothing? You KNWO it was emasculated before being passed, and means nothing at all. I can't even fault Bush for not renewing it, it was just a pointless political football that did nothing at all to make our streets safer. Vote for it or against it, I don't care, it's nothing but a symbolic piece of legislation.
easytiger is offline Find More Posts by easytiger
Old Oct 28, 2004, 11:42 AM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight
I guess I have several problems with your position.
First, refer to the bill that Doug references in the preceding post.
Second, you really need to do some research and learn that Kerry votes for gun bans and restrictions every chance he gets.
Third, why do you, or Kerry, or anybody have the right to tell me how many shots I need to kill a bird? Look up the definition of "Freedom" and you'll find that your telling me what I "need" may be freedom for you, but is slavery to me.

Highflight
I'd like to see(beyond NRA propaganda) what bans and restrictions kerry votes for every chance he gets...
I also don't have a problem with having some gun restrictions. The NRA position is to fight ANY and ALL gun laws, and I no longer support that position, so I am no longer an NRA member.
I guess you are one of these people who beleives in no restrictions on arms?
Can I have a tactical nuke then?
Old Oct 28, 2004, 12:39 PM
Suspended Account
kentucky
Joined Dec 2003
577 Posts
Wow! That's it!

As Easytiger points out, the second amendment speaks of 'arms'....with no further qualification of that term.

So, according to the winger interpretation of that amendment, I have the right not only to a thermonuclear device, but to a delivery system of same. Once again...WOW! GIMME TWO!

Seriously though...I'm quite thankful that I am not so timid as to feel a need for an assault weapon for self protection. It must be really hard for the wingers to live with such fear.

My sympathies.
badaltitude is offline Find More Posts by badaltitude
Old Oct 28, 2004, 12:56 PM
God is good
Banjul
Joined Jan 2001
4,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iankraus
. . . .so hillbillies, exactly why do you guys hate NYC and LA so much ?? . . .
Attitude has a lot to do with it, I would imagine!!!
Viper Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Viper Pilot
Old Oct 28, 2004, 02:39 PM
BillBowne
n/a Posts
Growning up in northern NJ, we were told there was nothing of importance between the City of New York and the town of Los Angeles, save the sleepy little hamlet of Chicago. All else was rural farmland.

Bill B.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 02:44 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
VP has it right. A lot of it has to do with attitude. A prime recent example is how someone around here has termed all those that don't live in LA or NY as hillbillies. How quaint.

Must be a hard job to recognize all the stuff that comes from the 'hillbilies' that is consumed in the big cities.

People have grown to where they feel they are not responsible for their actions, where they are only looking out for themselves. Take this and put millions of people crammed into a little space... what do you get? Nothing good.

Paul
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 28, 2004, 04:00 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badaltitude
Wow! That's it!
Seriously though...I'm quite thankful that I am not so timid as to feel a need for an assault weapon for self protection. It must be really hard for the wingers to live with such fear.

My sympathies.
I guess you're not much of a history scholar then or you'd see where lot's of unarmed groups felt they were pretty "safe".
You can surmise the future by paying attention to history.

Highflight
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Oct 28, 2004, 04:08 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,546 Posts
A lot of us rednecks are "flatbillys".

The sad part is that in the worst case scenario that Kerry is elected and may take the oath, he will never really be a President, he will only be present.

LcJ
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Oct 28, 2004, 07:31 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo
Interesting sight... amazing to see how the majority of the land mass of the US can go for one guy, but the race be so close because two big (worthless) states (cali and ny) count so much....

This is a perfect example of the ignorant nonsense that is dividing this country. It manages to be factually incorrect, insulting, and foolish all at once.

The premise that people don't agree with your political opinion are stupid, or corrupt, or are "Tainted" by where they live, is the basis of the tribal warfare that is evident all over the world.

If you have some sort of factual point to make, then that's great. Argue your positions on their merits. Not every intelligent and reasonable person will agree with you, but at least they'll respect you.

Even the ludicrously jingoistic lefties here don't denigrate your own highly partisan opinions just because you are from one of the "Square filler states in the middle"

Quote:

And BA... yeah, as soon as half of hollywood leaves like they said they would last time around.

Half? Um, when did two (Or maybe 3) become half of 70,000? (The number of people currently employed in the California film industry).
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Last edited by lrsudog; Oct 28, 2004 at 07:41 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 07:36 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight
I guess you're not much of a history scholar then or you'd see where lot's of unarmed groups felt they were pretty "safe".
You can surmise the future by paying attention to history.

Highflight

Conversely, there are plenty of well armed folks who feel "unsafe", and no quantity of weapons can solve that. Ask my neighbor who actually owns a house in Vegas to store his arsenal.

BTW, I just inherited 3 really cool old guns, (To add to my other 3 guns), and I feel neither safer nor less safe.

Though if a 12 pointer tries to break into my house now, he's toast...
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Old Oct 28, 2004, 07:54 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badaltitude
Wow! That's it!

As Easytiger points out, the second amendment speaks of 'arms'....with no further qualification of that term.

So, according to the winger interpretation of that amendment, I have the right not only to a thermonuclear device, but to a delivery system of same. Once again...WOW! GIMME TWO!

My sympathies.
Hey, you SAID no restrictions! I want a tac nuke.
Oh, wait, now you want SOME restrictions?
Which is it?
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:29 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2003
2,441 Posts
???
wakumann is online now Find More Posts by wakumann
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by wakumann; Oct 28, 2004 at 11:03 PM. Reason: scared of harsh reactions
Old Oct 29, 2004, 06:03 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsudog
BTW, I just inherited 3 really cool old guns, (To add to my other 3 guns), and I feel neither safer nor less safe.
It isn't about "feeling" safe, although of course, it's "feelings" that guide every Liberals agenda.

It's about "being" safe, and to be safe, individuals have the natural, shall we say "God given" right, to protect themselves which is denied them when they are denied the means of their self defense.

Highflight
Old Oct 29, 2004, 07:05 AM
Perth Westen Australia
Joined Jun 2003
443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo
VP has it right. A lot of it has to do with attitude. A prime recent example is how someone around here has termed all those that don't live in LA or NY as hillbillies. How quaint.

Must be a hard job to recognize all the stuff that comes from the 'hillbilies' that is consumed in the big cities.

People have grown to where they feel they are not responsible for their actions, where they are only looking out for themselves. Take this and put millions of people crammed into a little space... what do you get? Nothing good.
Paul

Interesting comment in bold:
a. what is the balance people should strike between looking out for themselves and looking out for others?
b. who are the others people should be loooking out for?
c. what is the relationship between looking out for yourself/themselves and not being responsible for your/their actions?
d. In what way should peolple be looking out for yourself/themselves, economic, moral etc etc?

Tell me please
gtstubbs is offline Find More Posts by gtstubbs
Old Oct 29, 2004, 07:19 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstubbs
Interesting comment in bold:
a. what is the balance people should strike between looking out for themselves and looking out for others?
b. who are the others people should be loooking out for?
c. what is the relationship between looking out for yourself/themselves and not being responsible for your/their actions?
d. In what way should peolple be looking out for yourself/themselves, economic, moral etc etc?

Tell me please
Arbo is simply making an observation about societal trends. It's up to YOU to answer your own questions... I'd be interested.

Highflight