iankraus.com/rcvideo
Joined Jun 2001
450 Posts
Quote:
"Also bush would have lost without the electoral college last time"

So what?
well the what is that I was replying to Arbo's
Quote:
Interesting sight... amazing to see how the majority of the land mass of the US can go for one guy, but the race be so close because two big (worthless) states (cali and ny) count so much....
thats what.

btw. i also wish some of these hillbillies where able to explain more about why they hate LA and NYC.
for all their tough redneck talk they seem to keep a real low profile whenever I see them in brooklyn, which is kinda rare.
so hillbillies, exactly why do you guys hate NYC and LA so much ?? It can't just be that we got all the cute girls
iankraus is offline Find More Posts by iankraus
Old Oct 27, 2004, 10:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnisonflyer
You guys really like Bush, Hmmmmmmmmmm........ I think he is really scarry.
I think Kerry is Scary. So I guess when I head out to the Blue Mesa to fly, we'll just have to talk about planes.

Paul
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 28, 2004, 07:00 AM
[intentionally blank]
Cheshire, CT, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iankraus
It can't just be that we got all the cute girls
Heck no you don't. Ever been to Atlanta or any other Southern city? Man... I am a lifelong northeasterner (CT, MA, NY resident) and there must be something about the more sunny climate that breeds cuteness. And lots of it! NY happens to have all the models, sure, but you don't have a shot with them and outside of that group the pickin' are rather slim plus you have to put up with that whiny NY/JAP accent!
fprintf is offline Find More Posts by fprintf
Old Oct 28, 2004, 07:17 AM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight
Judging by WHO has been committing all the violence around the Bush/Cheney headquarters, I'm going to make a logical assumption that it's DEMOCRATS who will by trying for a revolution after Bush wins.

If that's the case, I'm good to go, though, and will be fighting to protect my country with two sighted-in AR-15's and 2000 rounds of ammo. Oops, I better get more ammo.
Of course, the really good news is that NO Democrat's own any capable military style weapons so protecting America from basically unarmed Democrat's won't be that hard. I'm sure glad Democrats don't believe in the original purpose of the 2nd Amendment.

Highflight
IS THAT RIGHT?
No democrats own any capable military style weapons?
Well now...I do. Including BELT FED ones. Pardon me if I am not even SLIGHTLY intimidated by your Mattel-Swell toy low-caliber plastic semi-auto Colts. Nice GIRL guns. Any only 2000 rounds? That's about two minutes of sustained fire with a more serious weapon. So if you want to revolt, bring it ON, hoss!
Nice tough talk. What's that sound of air escaping? Something is deflating...
What do YOU know of the second amendment? NOTHING. I think it's there for the OPPOSITE reason you are saying...it's so that the PEOPLE could rise up against a corrupt government, if need be. YOUR interpretation puts you squarely on the side of the ROYALISTS. And where would we be then, if they had won?
easytiger is offline Find More Posts by easytiger
Old Oct 28, 2004, 07:19 AM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fprintf
Heck no you don't. Ever been to Atlanta or any other Southern city? Man... I am a lifelong northeasterner (CT, MA, NY resident) and there must be something about the more sunny climate that breeds cuteness. And lots of it! NY happens to have all the models, sure, but you don't have a shot with them and outside of that group the pickin' are rather slim plus you have to put up with that whiny NY/JAP accent!
Sure you have a shot at them. You just have to ASK. Trust me. Models get lonely, too. You never know if you do not ASK!
Old Oct 28, 2004, 07:24 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by easytiger
IS THAT RIGHT?
No democrats own any capable military style weapons?
Well, what else am I to surmise when Democrats overwhelmingly support candidates like John Kerry who would make ALL weapons that "look" like a military weapon obsolete? He has also said he would outlaw semi-auto shotguns. He also says that guns should only be used for "hunting" only.

Since you seem to own some of the kind of weapons Kerry wants to ban, is there not some hypocrisy going on here?

Highflight
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Oct 28, 2004, 07:27 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iankraus
so hillbillies, exactly why do you guys hate NYC and LA so much ?? It can't just be that we got all the cute girls
Gee, do you think maybe it's because that NewYorkers like yourself think that anyone who lives outside of New York and California ARE hillbillies? Hmmmm?

Highflight
Old Oct 28, 2004, 07:39 AM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Quote:
Well, what else am I to surmise when Democrats overwhelmingly support candidates like John Kerry who would make ALL weapons that "look" like a military weapon obsolete? He has also said he would outlaw semi-auto shotguns. He also says that guns should only be used for "hunting" only.

Since you seem to own some of the kind of weapons Kerry wants to ban, is there not some hypocrisy going on here?

Highflight
YOU are the one who bought into the lie. "Vote for us, or Kerry will TAKE YOUR GUNS!"
He never said such a thing.
I don't know where he said he would outlaw semi-auto shotguns, but it would not really bother me. That's a weapon that has no purpose but to kill people, and it's not even a military-style weapon. Good luck on a battlefield with your semi-auto shotgun!
You are buying into propaganda. Here, on one side, we have a guy who owns guns and hunts, and actually has used guns in combat to kill people.
Here, on the other side, we have another guy...who owns ONE gun. A pistol taken from Saddam Hussein. And who are you going to vote for?
Old Oct 28, 2004, 07:42 AM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Quote:
Gee, do you think maybe it's because that NewYorkers like yourself think that anyone who lives outside of New York and California ARE hillbillies? Hmmmm?

Highflight
That's nonsense. I live in NYC, and I think CALIFORNIANS are hillbillies, too! Just kidding, I swear...
Old Oct 28, 2004, 07:56 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,450 Posts
Quote:
I don't know where he said he would outlaw semi-auto shotguns, but it would not really bother me. That's a weapon that has no purpose but to kill people, and it's not even a military-style weapon.
I've owned a Remmington 1187 for many years. It's a skeet model. I use it for upland bird hunting, sporting clays and sometimes I even shoot skeet with it. I don't own any other shotguns. I think my 1187 is about as good as it gets, especially for it's price. I know a lot of other people who use their gas operated semi auto shotguns for the same thing I do. However, I don't know anybody who uses theirs for killing people as you suggested above.

Wiz
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Last edited by Mr. Wiz; Oct 28, 2004 at 08:02 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 08:25 AM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
You need more than two shots to kill them skeet? That's some agressive skeet!
Where is this proposed ban of semi-auto shotguns, anyway? I'd like to read that piece of legislature.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 08:40 AM
Washington, PA, USA
Joined Aug 2003
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Where is this proposed ban of semi-auto shotguns, anyway? I'd like to read that piece of legislature.
The bill is S.1431

http://www.banassaultweapons.org/docUploads/s1431%2Epdf

Doug
unbalanced prop is offline Find More Posts by unbalanced prop
Old Oct 28, 2004, 09:30 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
You need more than two shots to kill them skeet? That's some agressive skeet!
I guess I have several problems with your position.
First, refer to the bill that Doug references in the preceding post.
Second, you really need to do some research and learn that Kerry votes for gun bans and restrictions every chance he gets.
Third, why do you, or Kerry, or anybody have the right to tell me how many shots I need to kill a bird? Look up the definition of "Freedom" and you'll find that your telling me what I "need" may be freedom for you, but is slavery to me.

Highflight
Old Oct 28, 2004, 09:31 AM
Iron Mountain,MI
Joined May 2002
2,272 Posts
http://static.vidvote.com/movies/bushuncensored.mov
uncled is offline Find More Posts by uncled
Old Oct 28, 2004, 09:39 AM
gunnison colorado
Joined Oct 2002
1,363 Posts
Quote:
I would doubt that you ever "leaned" Republican, because if you had, you would better understand the big picture and what's at stake and there's no way in the world you would even consider Kerry with his voting record in the Senate.

I don't care that you're a Democrat, just be honest about it.

Highflight
Thanks Highflight, it is nice of you to insinuate that I am not honest. I am a registered independent who has voted for republicans in state and local elections. I did not vote for Bush ("W") and I did vote for Clinton both times. I like to vote for the man, not the party. If John Mcain had been running, I would have suported him over Kerry, but the Repbulican party is really good at putting up duds (like "W").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo
I think Kerry is Scary. So I guess when I head out to the Blue Mesa to fly, we'll just have to talk about planes.

Paul

Arbo
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. You should come up one of these days, I would be glad to show you the site. I promise not to launch into any anti Bush rants

One thing is for sure, Bush's presidency has sure divided the country. If you support Bush, you can't stand Kerry and vice versa. This was my first posting in a political thread and probabally the last, arguing is getting old, I think I am going to go fly some planes before the snow comes!
FYI- I own several guns, am a member of the NRA, and will be voting for Kerry. Rock on guys and play nice
gunnisonflyer is offline Find More Posts by gunnisonflyer
Last edited by gunnisonflyer; Oct 28, 2004 at 09:56 AM.