HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2004, 05:11 AM
usa
Joined Mar 2003
1,018 Posts
John Kerry - the man who would be president

Lord help us.....
BING! is offline Find More Posts by BING!
Old Oct 27, 2004, 05:56 AM
Joined May 2004
126 Posts
http://www.electoral-vote.com/index.html
Foamyfoam is offline Find More Posts by Foamyfoam
Old Oct 27, 2004, 06:43 AM
[intentionally blank]
Cheshire, CT, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,528 Posts
So somehow the ability to keep your eyes open while catching a football shows presidential qualities?

Baloney. These guys are being so nitpicked with cameras are going off every 10th of a second that they are bound to catch odd facial expressions which then get passed around rapidly on the Internet.

It used to be the worst thing you could do as President in front of the cameras was pick your dog up by the ears. No wonder everything either of these guys do, from the debates to photo-ops, are scripted "for our benefit"
fprintf is offline Find More Posts by fprintf
Old Oct 27, 2004, 07:22 AM
These go to eleven...
Hickory, NC
Joined Jan 2001
446 Posts
I'm impressed! Looks like he actually caught it this time.
dstout is offline Find More Posts by dstout
Old Oct 27, 2004, 07:31 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
It was Dianne Sawyer, I believe, who asked Kerry a couple of days ago about all his "photo ops" he does like wind surfing, hunting, etc.

His reply was that they were NOT photo ops, but were incidences of GENUINE activities that he likes to do on his own with or without the camera.

Okaaaaay.

My favorite "genuine" activity he enjoyed most recently was the one of him having just stepped off his campaign jet, putting on a baseball glove (that I imagine he keeps in his briefcase?), and playing catch with his daughter at the foot of the aircraft, on the tarmac, surrounded by a couple dozen photographers.

I'm sure if we search, we'll find MANY times in the past where he got off a jet dressed in a suit, whipped out a baseball glove, and played catch the moment he stepped off the plane.
Sounds "genuine" to me.

By the way, Dstout, I'm sure you noticed the aircraft steps in the background of your football photo. Evidently, Kerry likes his sports on the tarmac.

How DARE Dianne Sawyer question Kerry with the offhand accusation that he is constantly setting up "photo ops"!

Highflight
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Last edited by Highflight; Oct 27, 2004 at 07:39 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 08:30 AM
Motors beat engines!
Milwaukee Wisconsin, United States
Joined Feb 2001
4,564 Posts
The problem with Kerry is that he's a consumate politician, he says whatever he thinks the crowd in front of him wants to hear. The problem of course is that you never really know what he thinks.

Oh wait, yes you can. Just look at his voting record. Sorry there Johnny, but the last thing this country needs is a anti gun anti life pro tax president, which is exactly what you'll be.
DeaninMilwaukee is offline Find More Posts by DeaninMilwaukee
Old Oct 27, 2004, 09:30 AM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
The Terrorists Support Kerry

Quote:
Terrorists hope to defeat Bush through Iraq violence

By Borzou Daragahi
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

BAGHDAD Leaders and supporters of the anti-U.S. insurgency say their attacks in recent weeks have a clear objective: The greater the violence, the greater the chances that President Bush will be defeated on Tuesday and the Americans will go home.

"If the U.S. Army suffered numerous humiliating losses, [Democratic presidential nominee Sen. John] Kerry would emerge as the superman of the American people," said Mohammad Amin Bashar, a leader of the Muslim Scholars Association, a hard-line clerical group that vocally supports the resistance.

Resistance leader Abu Jalal boasted that the mounting violence had already hurt Mr. Bush's chances.
"American elections and Iraq are linked tightly together," he told a Fallujah-based Iraqi reporter. "We've got to work to change the election, and we've done so. With our strikes, we've dragged Bush into the mud."
http://www.washtimes.com/world/20041...1030-7792r.htm
Big Foot 48 is offline Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Oct 27, 2004, 09:33 AM
Suspended Account
kentucky
Joined Dec 2003
577 Posts
Just wondering....with all the vitriol directed at Sen. Kerry on this site...after his election, are you fellers planning to leave the country or will you be plotting a revolution against the United States?

as I said, just wondering....
badaltitude is offline Find More Posts by badaltitude
Old Oct 27, 2004, 09:36 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,513 Posts
That's hilarious, BA. One could ask you a similar question about Bush.

Wiz
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Oct 27, 2004, 09:57 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badaltitude
Just wondering....with all the vitriol directed at Sen. Kerry on this site...after his election, are you fellers planning to leave the country or will you be plotting a revolution against the United States?

as I said, just wondering....
Judging by WHO has been committing all the violence around the Bush/Cheney headquarters, I'm going to make a logical assumption that it's DEMOCRATS who will by trying for a revolution after Bush wins.

If that's the case, I'm good to go, though, and will be fighting to protect my country with two sighted-in AR-15's and 2000 rounds of ammo. Oops, I better get more ammo.
Of course, the really good news is that NO Democrat's own any capable military style weapons so protecting America from basically unarmed Democrat's won't be that hard. I'm sure glad Democrats don't believe in the original purpose of the 2nd Amendment.

Highflight
Old Oct 27, 2004, 10:29 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamyfoam
Interesting sight... amazing to see how the majority of the land mass of the US can go for one guy, but the race be so close because two big (worthless) states (cali and ny) count so much....

And BA... yeah, as soon as half of hollywood leaves like they said they would last time around.
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 27, 2004, 10:30 AM
God is good
Banjul
Joined Jan 2001
4,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badaltitude
...after his election...
The question is, how can you ever post another leftist propaganda comment again after President Bush is re-elected???

The next question is . . . . how long will you whine that the election was stolen again???

The third question is . . . . is Kerry going to become a crazy man like Gore did, after he loses???

VP
Viper Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Viper Pilot
Old Oct 27, 2004, 10:37 AM
[intentionally blank]
Cheshire, CT, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo
Interesting sight... amazing to see how the majority of the land mass of the US can go for one guy, but the race be so close because two big (worthless) states (cali and ny) count so much....

And BA... yeah, as soon as half of hollywood leaves like they said they would last time around.
Since when does land equate to votes? I thought it was people who had a say in who gets into office or not, not how much land they own or the amount of space that exists between them and their neighbors.

This whole electoral college thing sucks. Despite the democratic leanings of the largest states I still think it should be one person = one vote for president. Unfortunately now that the feds are so involved in each individuals rights, instead of the states as originally intended so people in CA or NY have more of an influence over what happens in AK,CT or ND than they otherwise should have. With aboloshing the electoral college we need to load up the Supreme court with State's Rights proponents.

So which of the candidates stands for State's Rights?
fprintf is offline Find More Posts by fprintf
Old Oct 27, 2004, 10:47 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Yea, I know, this one's been around a long time. But it still makes me laugh like anything that reflects the truth about something always makes me laugh.

Highflight
Old Oct 27, 2004, 04:15 PM
iankraus.com/rcvideo
Joined Jun 2001
450 Posts
Quote:
two big (worthless) states (cali and ny)
what you calling worthless arbo ????
I wonder how much of americas business goes throu ny and la
Also bush would have lost without the electoral college last time
iankraus is offline Find More Posts by iankraus