HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2002, 09:12 PM
Dangerous
LA
Joined Nov 2001
871 Posts
One more time: Should I upgrade to CP to learn?

Ok, so I managed to click on the for sale forum right when a post for a used Hornet with gyro came up for $115 shipped. I couldn't really pass it up even though I was ready to order the Housefly. I'll just learn on the Hornet and get the housefly later. I know this is discussed a lot but I was wondering if I should go ahead and order the CP upgrade to learn on. Most people have said that CP heli's are easier to fly but is this also true with the micro heli's like the Hornet? I know everyone who has a hornet had to learn on the FP version but things are changing now that MS is going to sell a CP version and Ikarus is following suit with it's Piccolo. So what's the verdict? Thanks a lot!
Spaulding is offline Find More Posts by Spaulding
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2002, 09:25 PM
WLJ
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2001
76 Posts
Hello, If you learn on a FP Hornet, nothing else will be a problem. Hornet is a lot of fun, but it was a handful. I've flown glow for a while, and the Hornet was always Interesting. It requires your constant attention. Never tried the CP. Got rid of the Hornet in favor of a Voyager. WLJ
WLJ is offline Find More Posts by WLJ
Old Feb 18, 2002, 10:25 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,541 Posts
If you dont already have the FP hornet, I would definitely recommend you to start with something CP out of the box. But since you already have the Hornet, just get it setup and give it a try. You can always upgrade to CP later. This way you will have the chance to experience both and feel for yourself which one is preferable.

Good luck.
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
Old Feb 19, 2002, 09:21 AM
GA USA
Joined Feb 2002
92 Posts
Stick with FP. CP is more complex to set up. For learning to hover and and basic stuff FP is fine. Remember, CP tends to have higher head speeds than FP and when you crash head speed has a major influence on the amount of damager done !
jam66 is offline Find More Posts by jam66
Old Feb 19, 2002, 11:29 AM
NJ
Joined Jan 2002
157 Posts
Donot forget

Donot forget to order a swashplate ball mod . Only 7.00 $ but it straightens out the controls a lot on SP .

Try Hornet-heli.com , also has a forum for all your questions .
Hifly is offline Find More Posts by Hifly