HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2004, 11:02 AM
Joined Dec 2003
289 Posts
1/96 scale fittings

I would like to find a good source for 1/96 scale fittings. I'm looking for port holes and such. Anyone have any ideas on how to make good hand rails/guard rails for the ship? Like the ones on the edges of the decks... Also, if anyone has WORKING anchors in this scale, what did you use? Plactic/metal chain? what size and where from? How did you get it to lower/raise... drive train?motor? Thank you! -James
Wing Zero is offline Find More Posts by Wing Zero
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2004, 06:04 AM
Grafton, Ohio
Joined Sep 2003
760 Posts
Try this....He has some new photoetched protholes among other things in that scale. www.tomsmodelworks.com
OhioMike is offline Find More Posts by OhioMike
Old Oct 27, 2004, 06:05 AM
Grafton, Ohio
Joined Sep 2003
760 Posts
Dam dyslexia!!! LOL!!!! I mean PORTHOLES!
Old Oct 30, 2004, 07:14 AM
Joined Dec 2003
289 Posts
So far, not much luck. Everything is either the wrong scale, or simply won't do. There are alot of items I like, just not the scale. The ship I am considering building, is a ULCC tanker similiar to that of the Jahre Viking in 1/96. At that size, alot of accessories, need to be bigger. ANy help would be great. I think the anchor would need to be bigger then what I have found aviable. Smae goes for the chain, and I hace yet to find a anchor winch that can handle larger chain/amounts/lengths of chain. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks for the help. -James
Wing Zero is offline Find More Posts by Wing Zero
Old Nov 05, 2004, 03:18 AM
Grafton, Ohio
Joined Sep 2003
760 Posts
Try Hobby-lobby....they have a moderate amount of fittings and some are fairly large. They dont go by scale though but in standard dimensions if i remember correctly. Also, the names you listed for your project, strikes me as being european. Hobby-lobby fittings are based mostly on european design.