HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2004, 03:48 AM
McMurray, PA
Joined Jul 2004
72 Posts
How to mount L90 Blades to head?

On my "dragonfly" the stock blades were mounted under the head with a screw into the head through the plastic nut. When I added a head stiffener I just placed the longer screw up through the nut into the stiffener.

I've got my L90 blades and some new spacers and screws, but am not sure which is the best way to attach to this head:
GaryWA is offline Find More Posts by GaryWA
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2004, 03:56 AM
Micros are the bomb
So Cal
Joined Sep 2004
151 Posts
Interesting head... Is that new to the DF2004? I have a DF it looks nothing like that

Anyways I just put the blades on top of the head and the head stiffner on top of that, screw/washer going through the top with nut on bottom of head. Works a charm!
hifi is offline Find More Posts by hifi
Old Oct 26, 2004, 04:59 AM
McMurray, PA
Joined Jul 2004
72 Posts
In the picture I removed the plastic nut on the right which reveals the large hole. With or without the nut if I mount the blades from the top unless I put a large washer on the bottom everything would just pull straight out. The bottom of the head is concave (or is that convex?) and putting a washer on the bottom doesn't seem like a good solution either.

This is a cheap "dragonfly" V1 that I picked up from RC-Experts.

One alternative I've thought of is to CA the nut into the head to eliminate the holes; but this would mean that my blades would essencially only be held on with adhesive with no mechanical (nuts and bolts) fasteners.

Unless I can come up with something satisfactory it's going to be blades on the bottom or buying a different head.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 12:15 PM
I see the future.
Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
2,134 Posts
That looks like the Colco head to me, or maybe an e-sky. Definitely not a dragonfly or hummingbird.
I wonder if a dragonfly head will fit on there. Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is to put the nut back in and pass a bolt all the way through and put a large enough washer and nut under the head to hold it all in place.
And contact RC Experts and ask what heli they are pawning off as a dragonfly.....
co
Yukonho is offline Find More Posts by Yukonho
Old Oct 27, 2004, 08:35 AM
McMurray, PA
Joined Jul 2004
72 Posts
It came to me in a dream last night...

I'm going to take the plastic nuts (which have a nib extending from them) and put them in backwards from the bottom up. They will act as the washers on the bottom.

On top of the head (where the hex shaped hole is) I will put a spacer. Blades on top of that. Another spacer, and then the head stiffener.

I think that will work...