HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2004, 06:22 AM
Joined Jul 2004
48 Posts
Scale Warship Plans

Hi All, After completion of An Aquarama recently , i fancy building a Warship.
I am not neccessarily wanting it to be RC , Just a nice looking thing on the sideboard would be good
My question is , does anyone know where i can get some plans. I am looking for a ship about a metre long , preferably with frame dimensions etc. It is my first warship so not looking for anything too complicated , the HMS HOOD will come later i think .
Any help would be appreciated
badersbus is offline Find More Posts by badersbus
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2004, 11:27 AM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,138 Posts
You can get practically all the plans you could want here,
http://floatingdrydock.com/

The "G series", combined with the "Hull series" will typically give you a complete set.
The "RK McCandliss series" are also a good series to build from.

There are a few WWII German ships also.
You can scale any of the plans so that the model will build out to 1 meter

If you plan on constructing the HMS Hood, I would recommend picking up this book.
Anatomy of ships, The Battlecruiser Hood - by John Roberts
If you rescale any plans or information on the HMS Hood to 1/250 scale, the model will scale out to 1.05metre.

Umi
Umi_Ryuzuki is online now Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old Oct 23, 2004, 08:29 PM
Grafton, Ohio
Joined Sep 2003
760 Posts
There are some more options for plans but again, as Umi said, the Floating Drydock has the most accurate plans....sometimes! Windjammer-arts.com sells all of the Ed Wisswesser plans. These are not always right on in the accuracy department, and they lack final detail, but the price is great! Taubman, if you can get what you want from them, and within a year after your order, is another option. Have patience when dealing with Taubman....Patience of a saint!!!! Map plans in england is another option, where to find them though is beyond me. Should be on the net somewhere.
OhioMike is offline Find More Posts by OhioMike
Old Oct 24, 2004, 11:30 AM
Joined Jul 2004
48 Posts
Thanks Guys , the links and advice are very useful . Now to decide what to build
all the best
badersbus is offline Find More Posts by badersbus