SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2004, 10:23 PM
I Always Fly Inverted
United States, NY
Joined Aug 2004
387 Posts
Nitro Bike owners!! What glow plug igniter set up???

Hey guys,

Well I finally got my bike back together tonight. I am trying to figure out a easy way to start it though!! LOL.... Getting my glow plug igniter on the glow plug is a chore in itself. I have several, long, short, rechargable, panel ready. What are you guys using and what if any secrets to starting easily is there? I am trying to peice together some sort of remote glow plug igniter from some spare parts I have laying around.

1st choice- I have a Traxxas ez start connecter, I was thinking to run it direc to the plug and positive on my power panel, then running a ground to the chassis of the bike, using maybe some dean connecters on each end this way once started I can just unplug the wire leaving the glow plug end connected and negative end connected as well and just tuck the short ends away somewhere on the bike.
If you guys have any other suggestions or can tell me what your using I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Chris
Monstermanhbf is offline Find More Posts by Monstermanhbf
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2004, 11:33 AM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,135 Posts
Chris,
I started off with a remote adaptor, fitted to side panel, but it kept falling off while trying to start it. Eventually I gave up and now use a 2 volt MFA driver with meter which is a little difficult to fit on, but you get used to it once you've found the right way and it stays on. Also have a mini driver which screw locks on, easy to fit and stays on too, battery just doesn't last too long. If you got a LHS nearby, take the bike in and find something suitable.

John
nuovaic is offline Find More Posts by nuovaic
Old Oct 23, 2004, 06:55 PM
2 Wheel Junkie 4 Life
San Diego Lindberg, California, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,433 Posts
Check my website.. tips page.. It has a picture of what I use
on the nitro and it works great!

http://www.rcbikes.com

Lorenzo
lorenzo_MiniGP is offline Find More Posts by lorenzo_MiniGP
Old Oct 24, 2004, 05:53 PM
Atlanta, Georgia
Joined May 2004
86 Posts
I use this extended remote glow connector. Easy to install and reliable. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCLZ3&P=ML
sixdub is offline Find More Posts by sixdub
Old Oct 24, 2004, 06:20 PM
The Raw 1
Maryland
Joined Oct 2003
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixdub
I use this extended remote glow connector. Easy to install and reliable. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCLZ3&P=ML
This is the same thing I use!

Regards,
Furron
wicked_n_raw is offline Find More Posts by wicked_n_raw