HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2004, 10:34 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,677 Posts
Just when you think it couldn't get any worse.

Not 5 minutes ago our secretary answered the phone and listened to a recording urging her to go watch Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 911 before she votes.

The politics in this election have really hit rock bottom. We have a slimeball telephone solicitor (a recorded one at that) telling people to be sure to watch a Hollywood fiction, supposedly so that she can become informed before she votes.

This is out of hand. BOTH parties should be ashamed for themselves for the way they have tried to divide this country with their rhetoric.

I'm beginning to fear that Osama is winning. Are we really going to self destruct over this? God, I hope not!

Wiz
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Last edited by Mr. Wiz; Oct 22, 2004 at 11:01 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 11:03 AM
Washington, PA, USA
Joined Aug 2003
1,486 Posts
I know what you mean Wiz. Got home yesterday and there was three "recorded messages" (2 Dem 1 Pub) on my answering machine about how bad the other candidate is. I am on a no call list for people selling stuff. I guess we need one now for political selling! The fahrenheit 911 call is way over the line.

Doug
unbalanced prop is offline Find More Posts by unbalanced prop
Old Oct 22, 2004, 11:15 AM
"Bible Thumper"
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2001
1,924 Posts
The sad thing is, Michael Moore dislikes all of America...His video was been proven false by many groups including the Dems, why would I watch it? He got booed in looneywood...he's been quoted as saying the dumbest brick in a building is smarter than any American. He has to go to France to get cheers and acceptance. He's just a person(maybe), that supposedly disagrees with the premise of America, but also uses it to make his money.
AMTJIM is offline Find More Posts by AMTJIM
Old Oct 22, 2004, 11:45 AM
These go to eleven...
Hickory, NC
Joined Jan 2001
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMTJIM
...he's been quoted as saying the dumbest brick in a building is smarter than any American.
The fact his movie has done so incredibly well and folks are buying the DVD unfortunately gives weight to his observation.
dstout is offline Find More Posts by dstout
Old Oct 22, 2004, 12:56 PM
Motley crewmember
Melbourne,Fl
Joined Sep 2002
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstout
The fact his movie has done so incredibly well and folks are buying the DVD unfortunately gives weight to his observation.

Cut to the truth as usual dstout
R2800 is offline Find More Posts by R2800
Old Oct 23, 2004, 01:50 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,168 Posts
We had a state no call list before the national list, and the fact that politicians can make unsolicited calls goes to their bias. Shows how their own self interest trumps the constituant's interest. Even the most divided government bodies seem to have no trouble passing their own pay raises. Great work if you can get it, and keep it, which is what the exemption for politicos is all about. tt
Treetop is online now Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Oct 23, 2004, 03:16 AM
Helena, MT
Joined Feb 2003
2,919 Posts
The "except for us" rule is a standard here in CA politics. Legislatures and other politicos are always imposing laws on others that they don't apply to themselves.

The State exempts themselves from the most imposing CA labor law for example whereas private businesses are squeazed!
LTChip is offline Find More Posts by LTChip
Old Oct 23, 2004, 09:07 AM
SpeedWing Test Cruncher
Loveland, Colorado, United States
Joined Jan 2003
899 Posts
Honesty in Government! I think this is a case where the Bible is in fact somewhat responsible... On both sides of the camp. It says in Deuteronomy 25:4 (NIV) "Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain."

I'm pretty sure most politicians have little to no compunction against taking whatever they feel they should -- however often they should seems to be when ever they can.

Kids left overnight in the candy store would also have a hard time finding restraint I suppose.

-Rodger
marjamar is offline Find More Posts by marjamar